Author Topic: Lowrance hook 4  (Read 739 times)

Offline Mustard

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance hook 4
« on: Nov 28, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Hey everyone, I bought a Lowrance Hook 4 chirp (with gps) last summer. Tried it out on the boat as well I bought a ice pack for it last year for ice fishing. Having a hard time getting the settings right. Seems like I either have to much junk on the screen or im not picking up anything. Fishing column is full of blue dots. I've tried turning down sensitivity but think i'm missing something. How do you have your Lowrance system set up?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance hook 4
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2018, 12:38 PM »
https://ww2.lowrance.com/Root/Operator

I would start on page 10(ten) fishing mode, Set the unit up for ice fishing and see if this helps. Most likely the graph is pining off the algae and zooplankton in the water. Also are you using a ice transducer?
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2018, 05:02 PM »
My buddy bought the same unit a couple of years ago and he had the same issues. When you turned it down low enough to get rid of the spots and interference on the screen you could mark fish but couldn't see your jig. He said he found a video on Youtube which explained how to set it up and it worked much better after that.

Offline Mustard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2018, 02:37 PM »
https://ww2.lowrance.com/Root/Operator

I would start on page 10(ten) fishing mode, Set the unit up for ice fishing and see if this helps. Most likely the graph is pining off the algae and zooplankton in the water. Also are you using a ice transducer?

Yes i got the ice transducer with the bag and battery. I have it on ice fishing mode.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.