Author Topic: Think we whipped the WaterWhippers.  (Read 2657 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Think we whipped the WaterWhippers.
« on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Tommy beat me 16 to 12. He got the biggest, a 25" and a 20". I could only get the 18"ish range.   Gorgeous day, only ones on our private lake.

Here's the prize!  A solid fish for sure!

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Think we whipped the WaterWhippers.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:16 PM »
SLAYER...is that where I think it is???
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Sweet, whip it good

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:26 PM »
SLAYER...is that where I think it is???

>:D

hard to believe i was in my waders in that spot throwing for browns 2 weeks ago.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Sweet!!  Get ready for the insanity down that way.   ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 11:00 PM »
on snap!!! delete this post

Offline Crazy Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:48 AM »

Unfortunately there's insanity everywhere you fish these days. F'ing internet and Californians lol oh well sit back have a beer and fish on is all you can do. We've  been fishing first ice up there 25 plus years difference back then we had the lakes 3-4 weeks to ourselves know that's one trip then all hell breaks loss.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:50 AM »
nice fish! now that i live in co i need to learn all your code names for lakes. in wy we dont have to hide anything  ;D

Offline Crazy Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:53 AM »
^ Hint starts with a T and ends in Hole

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2018, 02:55 PM »
I'd heard that lake was iffy but it looks like it's moved into the Yessir! stage. Strong early ice effort. Chunky monkeys.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Great job Slayer and company....beautiful fish!!   Thanks for sharing.   :clap:

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2018, 05:33 PM »
^ Hint starts with a T and ends in Hole
Bwahahahaa!   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SoxFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2018, 08:36 PM »
I recognize that auger.   ;)   Looks like a great start to the ice season. 

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:28 PM »
nice fish! now that i live in co i need to learn all your code names for lakes. in wy we dont have to hide anything  ;D
Honestly, being from Maine, it’s almost weird to me when I read reports from others states where people not only list the river/lake they’re on, but even which bridge or landmark they caught fish at. Most people on my boards might tell you which lake or river if it’s a bigger water, but you’ll never see any specific hot spots in an open post.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:31 PM »
honestly, being from wyoming, its almost weird to me when i read reports that specifically hide where they are fishing but want to post and brag about their fishing. most people on my boards will tell you "welcome to wyoming! what questions can we answer for you!" im exaggerating a little, but we in wy like to help anyone as much as we can.
Honestly, being from Maine, it’s almost weird to me when I read reports from others states where people not only list the river/lake they’re on, but even which bridge or landmark they caught fish at. Most people on my boards might tell you which lake or river if it’s a bigger water, but you’ll never see any specific hot spots in an open post.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:45 PM »
honestly, being from wyoming, its almost weird to me when i read reports that specifically hide where they are fishing but want to post and brag about their fishing. most people on my boards will tell you "welcome to wyoming! what questions can we answer for you!" im exaggerating a little, but we in wy like to help anyone as much as we can.
You might have been in the minority up that way, then...how many times have we seen complaints about “greenies” coming up and stealing spots?   ;)

To continue the theme: “Honestly”, born and raised in Colorado, we’ve seen lakes and streams get pounded over the last 10-15 years with the advent of online exploitation forums, and Californians or whatever inundating our state with bucket brigades. 

I’m all for sharing information as friends, fellow fishermen one-to-one, or at meetups on the ice. Plenty of Colorado guys on here will answer honest questions. But when you go broadcasting that ish all over the internet? Bye-bye good fishing.

Welcome to Colorado, by the way!  What questions can I answer for you?  (I might answer by PM, though) ;D
Seriously, ask away!  Maybe start a new thread though, so we don’t hijack this one anymore.
Nate
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:00 PM »

i can attest from run ins with locals, cops and recently... getting a BS ticket from an albany county game warden....  that in wyoming they dont effing like greenies.     and wyoming residents at least around the laramie area...  are pretty tight lipped about their spots, especially if you got green plates.     kind of dumb in my opinion since last year colorado residents accounted for half their revenue from fishing and hunting licenses.    but whatever... ill still fish wyoming when i can for the solitude and fish size.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:02 PM »

speaking of wyoming.... see my post on their forum for where im going this weekend.   hope wind isnt terrible.

the lake im fishing is like a baby antero, without the insane googan posse.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:12 PM »
um, looking at wy reports and conditions board compared to almost any other state, there is concise up to date information throughout the ice season on most lakes. compared to most states our reports and conditions boards are updated and cleared out each season and our boards our managed very well. this is mostly what i was referring to. but also, my response was mainly meant for the random maine guy responding in a colorado thread, to a wyoming guy who was talking to colorado guys he had previously spoken to on boards about lakes and code names like south park used on colorado threads. either way, i prefer an interactive heavy board with open information, but i understand reservation of info by locals. it is what it is .

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:21 PM »
On the Maine open/ice boards you may even see pics where the person has done their Bob Ross impression to the background in the fish pics lol.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:32 PM »
speaking of wyoming.... see my post on their forum for where im going this weekend.   hope wind isnt terrible.

the lake im fishing is like a baby antero, without the insane googan posse.
Yeah, I saw that Dave — hope it’s not too windy.  I’m curious how that lake is for early ice!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2018, 11:39 AM »
The wind on that lake is  never as bad as a surrounding one. You have cover from some mountains. And it always Ices up before anything else except high-altitude stuff. Last year I think I was the first on and caught 40 trout on my first trip or more

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:16 PM »
The wind on that lake is  never as bad as a surrounding one. You have cover from some mountains. And it always Ices up before anything else except high-altitude stuff. Last year I think I was the first on and caught 40 trout on my first trip or more
Nice!  Lower wind is a good thing.  Any size to the trout out of there?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:24 PM »
the size is smaller than w3, but still good size trout. avg 15in i bet. and the catch rate is better. most people dont make it past w3 on the way, so its fairly untouched

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #24 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:30 PM »
the size is smaller than w3, but still good size trout. avg 15in i bet. and the catch rate is better. most people dont make it past w3 on the way, so its fairly untouched

Bwaha -I aint going 3.5 hrs to Wyo to catch small trout-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:41 PM »
I've always thought of Slayer's lake as a little fish lake. Wrong again as usual. Don't really fish it though since it can draw every third citizen from 150 mile radius at first ice. As far

as the veil of secrecy surrounding these locations, I've been fishing Colorado waters for over fifty years and even I can't figure out where half these lakes they're talking about are

located. Personally, if I like you (improbable), I'll tell you anything I know about tackle and techniques but nary a peep about choice locations because frankly I don't ever want to

see you.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Personally, if I like you (improbable), I'll tell you anything I know about tackle and techniques but nary a peep about choice locations because frankly I don't ever want to

see you.

:roflmao: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2018, 12:12 AM »

lake winterkilled a few years back, so the trout there are smaller.... before the winterkill, according to peeps i know that fished it, it had big trout like w3 does.   they since stocked the hell out of it.    every trout i caught there were full of scuds and shrimp so its a well fed lake.   im sure after a few more years itll be just as good.     lots of good lakes out that way, hard to choose.

its supposed to be blizzard conditions on saturday so im probably gonna hold off since i know how bad that road can get. 

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Slayerfish congratulations to your friend Tommy and you on a successful trip. Very nice trout thanks for posting the photos.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.