The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Fort Pond / Littleton?  (Read 2449 times)

Offline IceLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
Fort Pond / Littleton?
« on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Gents;

Does anyone out there fish Fort Pond in Littleton?   I was out there Saturday checking it out, open water for the most part, Ice seemed barely 2 inches.  Just wondering is this the typical Bass, Pickerel, Perch pond.  I cant find much info on this place, may just have to wait
till the thaw and fish it.

Thanks;

-g
"A bad day of fishing, is better than a good day at work"

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fort Pond / Littleton?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Never ice fished it there but have had good luck from the shore of the Kaleva Club, caught a bunch of decent 2-3# bass over the years.  Not sure about public access points?? 

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Never ice fished it there but have had good luck from the shore of the Kaleva Club, caught a bunch of decent 2-3# bass over the years.  Not sure about public access points??

I'm pretty sure the only public access would be through the swamp the Littleton Conservation Commission owns. Some towns keep conservation land open to everyone, others only want town residents in, though. I'm not sure what Littleton does.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline IceLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:47 PM »

There is public Access, the sign for invasive aquatics is posted just before the shore.  I found it saturday
after a bit of creative searching.

Thanks Xjma, makes me think this is worth a bit of scouting in the spring/summer.  Bring in the fish finder and get some
ideas of topology and such.  Then hit it next winter, this year its pretty much not safe.

-g
"A bad day of fishing, is better than a good day at work"

Offline egeorge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Hello,

I tried accessing the pond through conservation land by Newtown Rd, but could not get to the water/ice. Can you please share the details on which location you access the pond through?

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.