Author Topic: chipper auger on Tanaka powerhead?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline CJW

• IceShanty Rookie
chipper auger on Tanaka powerhead?
« on: Sep 02, 2017, 11:16 AM »
I think I know the answer to this but I want to be sure before I go wasting money or screwing something up. 

I would like to change out the shaver style auger (aka nils) on my Tanaka powerhead.  The main reason for this is safety with kids and dogs around no to mention my own.  A few years ago I put a slice in my boot thankfully doing no damage to my foot after merely brushing it against the blade.  My question is can I use chipper blades on an appropriate auger on this powerhead? 

Thanks

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: chipper auger on Tanaka powerhead?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Here is my two setups:

Tanaka 270 w/Mora Auger on the left, Tanaka 350 with modified Strikemaster on the right.

//.\\//.\\ark

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: chipper auger on Tanaka powerhead?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Yes you can use a chipper drill assembly with it. Chipper blades are sharp too and will cut things other than ice just fine. Well they are supposed to be kept razor sharp anyway, that is how I keep mine. For a chipper drill assembly your best bet will probably be the one the Strikemaster Chipper Magnum uses. You'll probably need an adapter.

If it were me I would just keep the auger capped as much as possible. Cold Snap Outdoors have a cover that is quick to take on and off. Easier to put on without touching the cover, you use your foot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.