Author Topic: Milwaukee power supply adapter for M18 batteries  (Read 3436 times)

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Milwaukee power supply adapter for M18 batteries
« on: Feb 15, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Came across this while buying some tools for work.
Turns your M18 battery into a power supply.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Power-Source-Tool-Only-49-24-2371/203461325
I had been using a slim M18 battery to run some lights on a bucket just by shoving a couple male spade connectors into the battery terminals. But this adapter looks pretty cool.
I run my 8" auger off a M18 cordless drill so if you're like me and already carrying a battery around with you this adapter might be kinda cool.

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Milwaukee power supply adapter for M18 batteries
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 03:09 PM »
It's been mentioned before. Its a great idea.  I still haven't bought one.   Well I did, but I think it's a scam.    I bought 11 of them off eBay last week for $14 each.    I will give it a few days then contact ebay.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2017, 03:44 PM »
It's been mentioned before. Its a great idea.  I still haven't bought one.   Well I did, but I think it's a scam.    I bought 11 of them off eBay last week for $14 each.    I will give it a few days then contact ebay.

If you're gonna dump a few of them on ebay, if not a scam, holler, I buy one from you.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:01 PM »
I have been using the adapters on the ice for seveeal years now. They are EXTREMELY  handy for charging phones, Vex batteries, my Aqua vu 5c and I also run my shack lites and fans off of them as well. Worth the money if you already have the Milwaukee batteries.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2017, 03:28 PM »
I have been using the adapters on the ice for seveeal years now. They are EXTREMELY  handy for charging phones, Vex batteries, my Aqua vu 5c and I also run my shack lites and fans off of them as well. Worth the money if you already have the Milwaukee batteries.

Did you modify it to alllow regular plugs, or do all those devices run on USB?

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I use the DC barrel port for larger power loads and the USB for my phone.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2017, 05:01 AM »
I'm curious.  Our M18 batteries are pretty sophisticated, and the charger and/or battery work together well to optimize charging and not blow the battery up.  Is the electronic charging circuitry built into a phone or the phone charger?  I have a Fitbit watch which apparently has no protection and the instructions warn you to only charge 2 hours from a USB port, otherwise you can apparently dramatically shorten the battery life.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Your fitbit will fall apart before the battery is damaged. My wife is a CNA in a nursing home and when she charges hers, it's left on the charger for at least 24 hours. Other than the rubber encasing the device separating from the surface, hers works flawlessly even with 24h+ charges.

Also, im pretty sure the charging circuitry is inside the charger itself. If you ever plug an off brand charger into your phone or other mobile device, more often than not the device will tell you to use the charger provided with the device and it's on a "slow charge". If the circuitry were inside the device, I would imagine that the charger wouldn't matter as long as the power supply was correct. However, I am not an electronics expert.

I see no issues using the M18 power station to charge your fitbit, or any other mobile device for that matter.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2017, 10:02 PM »
I actually used a Milwaukee power source on a Ridgid battery...

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=334198.0

Been working awesome for anything/everything...

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.