Author Topic: Ice Cleat Suggestions?  (Read 10145 times)

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
Re: Ice Cleat Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Ranger is right the korkers are really heavy and can wear you down during a day on the ice.  The stabilicers are about the same money but much lighter.
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline bluegill hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2006, 05:20 PM »
I bought a pair of overshoes that slip right over my boots with spikes in them.  Tried the cheapo slip on cleats and had problems with them falling off.  Now with the spiked overshoes never have to worry and they won't chew up fish house floors or else you can just slip them on and off when staying inside for long periods of time.  Probably can get them at any industrial equipment store, I got mine at a oil field equipment store.

Offline METIPPIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2006, 10:11 AM »
I bought those HT enterprise ones as well they just about fit on my pac boot and have worked great and were a bargin at 19.99 compared to the  stabilizers which can be pretty steep

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I had/have a pair of ice creepers and hate them. Theyve got real nice gripping action but coming loose every >: 10 sec really makes me mad. >:( there a pain in the a$$, but there better then slipping and breaking your back on slick ice, Im going to get a cheap pair of those ones that strech over your boots.
Don't get the cheap ones you'll be sorry. After time they will hurt your feet and they slide on the ice. I have stabilizers which I like but if your gonna be wearing pacs or Mickey boots you'll want a pair of ice spiders from Pat O'Grady. They are full coverage like shown elsewhere in the forum and they are really well made and durable. It will be the last pair you buy unless you need different sizing. Replacable cleats are 25 cents a piece. Pat sent mine along with a couple of Lake Trout lures he makes for me to try and they showed up on my door step a couple days later. He's a nice guy and if you have a question about sizing just give hime a call and he'll tell you how to measure.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I like the boot chains from Cabelas. About $15.00 a pair and I don't feel like I'm walking on nails.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Well I just wanted to add my vote for the Stabilicers. I have had a pair for a couple years and they are GREAT! Bought my son a pair of the Yak Trax's to save a little money last year and BIG mistake the rubber didn't make it to this year even. A couple nice things about the Stabilicers is very easy off and on and they are very lite and don't have the monster spikes to tear up your house or vehicle while getting in and out. I have tried the cheap ones and they are a waste of money.... I guess prime example of getting what you pay for. Just my 2 cents. 

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2006, 11:19 AM »
I wore a pair of Stabilicers until the velcro was so worn out that they wouldn't stay attached to my boots anymore.   So I took the screws from the Stabilicers and screwed them right into the bottom of my boots.  No more bending over to put on a pair of Stabilicers.
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing!!!
« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Arctic Spurs have my vote.  They'll bite even if there's a couple inches of snow on the ice.  You know the fresh stuff that falls on glare ice.  I've seen other types load up with snow and they won't bite into the ice.  Only draw back is you can't wear them in your shelter or you'll have holes!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.