Author Topic: Spinning reels for Panfish  (Read 1057 times)

Offline fhsww48

• IceShanty Rookie
Spinning reels for Panfish
« on: Nov 04, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Anyone use the closed face spinning or underspin reels for icing panfish?  I have several of the Zebco model 11Ts laying around from crappie fishing and taking kids in the boat. They sure eliminate the "squirrelly" problem associated with all spinning reels. Not sure if they would be a freeze up problem outside a shanty but they should be ok above freezing temperature inside.  Anyone experienced with these? Thanks

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
Re: Spinning reels for Panfish
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2005, 02:49 PM »
I carry my godson's snoopy pole for a backup.. This is closed face and I have never had it freeze up on me.. I've caught everything from sunny's to big lakers on it.. They work great. You may be the brunt of a few jokes on the ice.. :D, but all in all they work great... ;)

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2005, 04:02 PM »
I have 5 zebco triggerspins on jigpoles.  they work great. No line loops or tangles. I live in Indiana and havent had one freeze yet,but in minnesota they might lol. USE THEM

Ron
Bobberstop

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2005, 04:21 PM »
If you're gonna be using it in really cold weather outside, beware.  I'm a openface fan through-and-through.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.