Author Topic: Any other fishing ladies out there?  (Read 12307 times)

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any other fishing ladies out there?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Piggy, first you have to catch one bigger than mine!! :bow: :bow: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats right, turn everything into a size issue!!!!!!! :pinch:

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:21 AM »
With all the ladies on the board and in the shantys, there should be no reason why us guys should have to open beer and clean fish anymore! 

:o :angel :whistle:
The hubby no longer drinks beer and we don't drink out on the ice.
Last year he actually didn't clean any fish.  Says I don't like the way he does them.  I have my own system for filleting perch and crappies.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Ladyfish, you said that well!!  Piggy must be well named!!  I find the fish, catch the fish, clean the fish, fillet the
fish, freeze the fish, can the fish and cook the fish.  No wonder that I continue to tell my Sweetie that
fishing is so much better than s**.
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Hey, thanks for the post.  I have been ice fishing for years, and fishing most of my life.
And..it must be really a shock not to have ice this year.  Is there any there at all?  We have tons
of ice...I am housebound today because of an intense blizzard that blew through.  It is clearning
a bit, but we still have 40 kmh winds, chill factor is -37.  Hope it is better for tomorrow.

What do you like to fish for?  Where are your lakes?
I was reading your weather report. Send us the cold, but you can keep that much snow.  Usually just fish for whatever is biting, perch, crappie
blue gills and some larger pickeral.  We had so many blue gills a few times that we turned them into Italian "fish" suagage.  I did that last to the pickeral also.  A fishing cohort at work loves the fish saugage.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:52 AM »
My wife has a system also. She gets mad at me for going, she gets mad at me for cleaning them in the sink, and she eats all of them when I make supper :-\
      Jim

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:53 AM »
My wife has a system also. She gets mad at me for going, she gets mad at me for cleaning them in the sink, and she eats all of them when I make supper :-\
      Jim

:roflmao: :roflmao:
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:54 AM »
I was reading your weather report. Send us the cold, but you can keep that much snow.  Usually just fish for whatever is biting, perch, crappie
blue gills and some larger pickeral.  We had so many blue gills a few times that we turned them into Italian "fish" suagage.  I did that last to the pickeral also.  A fishing cohort at work loves the fish saugage.
 It is going to be interesting...heading out.  Have only a RAV4, and sometimes we have to wait for some of the other guys to get
out on the ice and make a track, cause we don't have the clearance, and I have the feeling there are some big drifts at the boat dock where we drive on.
Where abouts are you, BTW?

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Ladyfish, you said that well!!  Piggy must be well named!! 

Careful now, I resemble that remark :)

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:56 AM »
      Jim
I', so sorry, Jim....dont know what to say.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Careful now, I resemble that remark :)

Pigshank, I really do value our relationship!!

Offline barebum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Live Life to the Fullest!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:04 AM »
There is a few of us out there. Nice to see others. I'm busy with work alot this year as took on teaching job as well as my regular job. Will be fishing for a week at end of Feb.
Lord suffer me to catch a fish so large that even I in speaking of it afterwards shall have no need to lie.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:05 AM »
  Pigshank, I really do value our relationship!!

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:10 AM »
There is a few of us out there. Nice to see others. I'm busy with work alot this year as took on teaching job as well as my regular job. Will be fishing for a week at end of Feb.

Thats a rather CHEEKY moniker!  Best not be sitting on the ice too long. :D

PIKEGUY

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Nice pike, great moniker.  Sorry about you having to work!!  I took early retirement, as did Sweetie, just so we could fish...and canoe.
Hope you can get out on weekends, though!

Offline barebum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Don't know what a weekend is? Last day off was Dec 24th. Guess I need to get my priorities straight like my hubby says? Just looking to retire at 55.
Lord suffer me to catch a fish so large that even I in speaking of it afterwards shall have no need to lie.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Don't know what a weekend is? Last day off was Dec 24th. Guess I need to get my priorities straight like my hubby says? Just looking to retire at 55.
  And that is what I did. I did learn to pace myself, though....have you ever been out here to Cold Lake?  What do you fish, and where?

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I forgot to say that we normally fish on Lamoka Lake in NY.  The hubby took early retirement  as of Jan. 1 of this year. I'm planning retirement about July of this year.  Usually I take a vacation week in Jan/Feb to ice fish, but our weather is not cooperating, after that it is weekends only.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:47 AM »
I forgot to say that we normally fish on Lamoka Lake in NY.  The hubby took early retirement  as of Jan. 1 of this year. I'm planning retirement about July of this year.  Usually I take a vacation week in Jan/Feb to ice fish, but our weather is not cooperating, after that it is weekends only.
:) :)I retired July 2005...hubby took early retirement last Jan. 12.  We have had a year on water, and it was so worth taking a bit less in the
pension, but spending quality time together.  Sweetie and I love meeting other fishing couples...they are a bit few and far between.  Retirement
means travel!!  Have you ever thought of some fishing holidays in the Great White North?

Offline barebum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:53 AM »
  And that is what I did. I did learn to pace myself, though....have you ever been out here to Cold Lake?  What do you fish, and where?

Unfortunately I pace myself 24/7. I do have one day off on Feb 3rd but need to get some errands done. Some days I only work 1/2 days though but not enough time to head to lake. We are building a house at the lake so I will have to slow down when done as will be a 45 min commute one way.
I have never been to Cold lake but hear good things about it. Have come to Alberta with hubby and his buddies for the Gull lake derby once.
I fish for burbot mostly because I love the meat. Ranks up there with halibut IMO. I also head out to Prince Rupert area in summer to stock up on some halibut. Icefishing...mostly on Stuart lake (northwest of Prince George) as we have a cabin there.
Cruise around to spots at night and jig for burbot. Does Cold lake have any good sized burbot?

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Unfortunately I pace myself 24/7. I do have one day off on Feb 3rd but need to get some errands done. Some days I only work 1/2 days though but not enough time to head to lake. We are building a house at the lake so I will have to slow down when done as will be a 45 min commute one way.
I have never been to Cold lake but hear good things about it. Have come to Alberta with hubby and his buddies for the Gull lake derby once.
I fish for burbot mostly because I love the meat. Ranks up there with halibut IMO. I also head out to Prince Rupert area in summer to stock up on some halibut. Icefishing...mostly on Stuart lake as we have a cabin there.
Cruise around to spots at night and jig for burbot. Does Cold lake have any good sized burbot?
  Oh yes yes yes.. In fact, there is a Ling Cod Fishing Derby here in Cold Lake in the spring...come on out!!  Peter and I have never fished
for ling...I did catch one trolling for lakers last spring in Pierce Lake, just the other side of Cold Lake.  I want to try fishing for them because I hear
that they are an awesome tasting fish. 

Offline barebum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Keep in touch and I will let you know if we are ever heading that way. Would be nice to hook (pardon the pun) up with another fishing couple. Good luck this year. I have to get to work now. Nice chatting with you ;D

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Keep in touch and I will let you know if we are ever heading that way. Would be nice to hook (pardon the pun) up with another fishing couple. Good luck this year. I have to get to work now. Nice chatting with you ;D
  Darned right..have a good day!!!

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:30 AM »
A holiday in the Great White North probably is not very feasible.  We just got
a new baby to go along with our 8 yr old.  He is 5 mos. old. The older one had to stay at the vet's over night once and wasn't to happy about it.  He had to sedate her in order to do a look-see in her ear.  She loves my mother-in-law(72 yrs old)
and has stayed with her, but I think the puppy would be too much for her.
His name is (Polar) Bear and he lives up to his name.  He is a white version of
Yellow Lab.  The 8 yr old is a blondish Yellow Lab.  Then you have the hassle of border customs.  We have gone to the St. Lawrence before for a couple of
days.
  Maybe someday..ya never know.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:44 AM »
A holiday in the Great White North probably is not very feasible.  We just got
a new baby to go along with our 8 yr old.  He is 5 mos. old. The older one had to stay at the vet's over night once and wasn't to happy about it.  He had to sedate her in order to do a look-see in her ear.  She loves my mother-in-law(72 yrs old)
and has stayed with her, but I think the puppy would be too much for her.
His name is (Polar) Bear and he lives up to his name.  He is a white version of
Yellow Lab.  The 8 yr old is a blondish Yellow Lab.  Then you have the hassle of border customs.  We have gone to the St. Lawrence before for a couple of
days.
  Maybe someday..ya never know.
  My husband and I know the vicissitudes of travelling with furry, four-legged friends.  We have an awesome springer Spaniel, Casey.  And,
actually, we travel back and forth across the border with him...no problem.  He canoes with us...we spent 18 days in the Quetico Wilderness Area in northern
Ontario this summer...back packs with us (two weeks back-packing in the Canadian Rockies...he carries his own specially made pack with his food and tarp>)and even x country skis with us.  When it is not too cold, and there aren't too many people out, he comes ice fishing with us. He gets very very excited when
we come home with a laker....after it is cooked, he gets the treat of the crispy skin...full of omega-3 so he is as healthy as we are. Have you posted pics of your new little one?

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I haven't figured out how to post pictures. I do know you have to go through photobucket.  I am just learning to download my digital camera into my computer at home.  For a while we only had one computer and he told me that I messed it up whenever I went on line.  When that one gave up, we got a complete new one.  Later we bought a hard drive for the old one, which is now mine.  The pup is as big as our old dog(50 lbs).  His dad was supposed to be about 100 lbs.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:21 PM »
I haven't figured out how to post pictures. I do know you have to go through photobucket.  I am just learning to download my digital camera into my computer at home.  For a while we only had one computer and he told me that I messed it up whenever I went on line.  When that one gave up, we got a complete new one.  Later we bought a hard drive for the old one, which is now mine.  The pup is as big as our old dog(50 lbs).  His dad was supposed to be about 100 lbs.

Set up a photobucket account, upload the pics, then copy and paste the IMG code in your post. Voila!!!! Picture posted.

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:41 PM »
How do you set up a photoshop account?

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:44 PM »
How do you set up a photoshop account?
  Ladyfish, go to Photobucket.com.  It is a website that will store your photos...
you can set up an account for free, and than transfer your photos from your file onto
theirs.  Once there, you can transfer to ice shanty.  I know...seems complicated, but
after I did it once or twice, it became easy.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:46 PM »
YA, what she said.
http://photobucket.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com