Author Topic: i need some help  (Read 634 times)

Offline IDAHO BIG TIMBER

• IceShanty Rookie
i need some help
« on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Ok so I am new to this sport this year and so far I haven't had any luck and I am trying different thins but still no bites at all and I need some help on some ice fishing tips for perch and pike.

Offline DAPOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: i need some help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Tell us a little bit about where you are, what is the lake like that your fishing (clear, cloudy, deep, shallow, did you fish it in the summer, etc.). What have you tried that didn't work. What do you have available to use (electronics, etc.). That will help us offer some suggestions for ya! Don't get discouraged. Have you tried lying down on the ice and looking down the hole you opened? If so, what did you see.....or not see??

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:44 PM »
Well said DAPOS.   
I've noticed some new comers lose the link to their post and a PM to them, with a link back here or wherever, will bring them back in time.
So, do we wait, or do we send him a PM ?      ;)2

Offline mrjohnny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • to cold for me to fish..i'm packin up
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:14 AM »
Tell us a little bit about where you are, what is the lake like that your fishing (clear, cloudy, deep, shallow, did you fish it in the summer, etc.). What have you tried that didn't work. What do you have available to use (electronics, etc.). That will help us offer some suggestions for ya! Don't get discouraged. Have you tried lying down on the ice and looking down the hole you opened? If so, what did you see.....or not see??

last time I laid down and looked down the hole a huge Muskie came up and looked right at me.Scared the ehit out of me,for sure...
 :o :o
too cold ....aint going out there..

Offline IDAHO BIG TIMBER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:21 AM »
found out im not the only one not getting action on this lake so we are going to hop to another spot and give it a try

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:28 AM »
You said WE are going to hop to another spot. That's it get someone that fishes the lake an knows it,  most will help you out.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:43 AM »
I was out on a local pond where fish are ALWAYS caught. this one day, there were4 groups out and not 1 fish caught. sometimes they're just not there.

Offline r3kenned

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:20 AM »
Ok so I am new to this sport this year and so far I haven't had any luck and I am trying different thins but still no bites at all and I need some help on some ice fishing tips for perch and pike.

Take a look at the northern pike and perch threads on the bottom of the Community page on this site.  There is a ton of great information.  If I have to offer any advice, find the weeds and fish over top of them or just out side of them.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=39.0

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=40.0

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2013, 10:27 AM »
Get some kind of fish finder. I prefer flasher but that is a whole subject by itself.  You need to know if you're making a pitch or just washing bait.  If there are no fish, move. If fish are present but not biting try changing the bait or the presentation.  If that doesn't work, move.  You need to know if you are fishing or just washing bait.

Offline iceauger57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2014, 11:33 PM »
get a flasher or a sonar unit you wont believe how much this help keeps you from fishing dead water and help you see how fish are reacting to you re bait/lure helped me out a ton a little pricey but worth it in the end ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:01 AM »
And keep us posted as to how it is going for you?

WS

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Check out your state forum.  Lots of good local information and people to ask.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.