Author Topic: 2011 St Paul Ice Fishing Show!  (Read 6217 times)

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict

surflizard

Re: 2011 St Paul Ice Fishing Show!
« Reply #31 on: Aug 21, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Thanks for posting the vendor list, I appreciate that !  :thumbsup:

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Aug 21, 2011, 07:04 AM »
Yeah no prob. A person could spend a whole day there and still not take in all the cool stuuf that goes on there! ;)

surflizard

« Reply #33 on: Aug 21, 2011, 07:23 AM »
I'm flying out to catch the show and hopefully hook up with as many IS Brothers as possible ! I only wish it was a little later so I can hit some ice while I'm out there, we'll see what happens !

rickl1968

« Reply #34 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Thats awsem Surf, :woot:
It will be great to meet all the IS guys there especially you and Rebelss. We will definately get out for something grilled.  ;D

surflizard

« Reply #35 on: Aug 21, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Party at Reb's Pad !!  :woot: :whistle:  I better tell em I'm kidding or he'll have a Conniption !!  :roflmao: I'm hoping that we can find some ice while I'm out there too, that would be cool !!  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #36 on: Aug 21, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Oh no im looking up airline tickets.

surflizard

« Reply #37 on: Aug 21, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Yo Jammer, Southwest was under 2 bills roundtrip from NH !!  :thumbsup:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #38 on: Aug 21, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Party at Reb's Pad !!  :woot: :whistle:  I better tell em I'm kidding or he'll have a Conniption !!  :roflmao: I'm hoping that we can find some ice while I'm out there too, that would be cool !!  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Hate to tell ya Surf, but in the first few days of December the only ice we're gonna find is in our cocktail glasses...that's why we be going to the ice show!!!! I warned my buddy that owns one of the local watering holes that if he doesn't have blues music on the agenda for Dec 1-3, there'll be a lop-eared, grizzled, wildman from the the far east PROVIDING the music...."cryin' the blues"!  :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #39 on: Aug 21, 2011, 12:50 PM »
I'm gonna have Gator Perform his Voodoo JuJu, Seagull Knucklebone Weather Prediction Toss and see if Mr Winter can be persuaded to provide a little early season ice for us !! If they don't have blues music, we will have to show them the Error of their ways, Bail Money IS figured into the Mission Budget !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Bail Money IS figured into the Mission Budget !!

Dohhhh... :pinch: :wacko:

surflizard

« Reply #41 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:41 PM »
We may never get the chance to attempt this ever again Buddy, Lets go Balls to the walls and see if we can't have a little Fun !!  :woot: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #42 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:50 PM »
What? $2 beers? Looks like I will have to take it in! Never been there, but heard it's the place to be.

:o :o  Pretty sure I was paying 7 bucks a beer last yr..

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #43 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Just a couple things here in the interest of preventing the Voodoo JuJu Knucklebone Toss from becoming just another parlor trick.
  I like to wait 'til something natural, ah,... speaks to me with just a little clue so's I don't offend the Magic with an ill-timed Toss.
 Lo and behold, the call from Ypsilanti (Mi) from an 85 yr. ol', much respected and always truthful extended family member came with great surprise. Even tho he has iced fish since youth, I'm inclined to attach truth in him saying, in amazement, "The yard is full of Robins". This has never happened before the apples drop. Never, ever, in his lifetime.  Could the robins be headed south to avoid a very early start to winter?
  And then, yesterday, my tomato plants were black from an August frost. Unheard of in these parts.
 So, these two signs indicate it's time to begin to get ready to commence with the Toss.
I'll get back with what we're in for as soon as I locate my special purple bag (Crown Royal) that hold the Knucklebones.
This should occupy most of ten days.
Or less.
                Tom

p.s. I think we are in for a winter we won't soon forget.   

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Quote from: Idahogator link=topic=195686.msg1910775#msg1910775 date=1313952972

[/quote

Oh geez, that's what happened last year, 'gator... :%$#!:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:21 PM »
We may never get the chance to attempt this ever again Buddy, Lets go Balls to the walls and see if we can't have a little Fun !!  :woot: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

You KNOW that will happen with me....you'll probably be pulling me OFF the walls!! How do you think I GOT in this shape?! :woot:

surflizard

« Reply #46 on: Aug 21, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Just a couple things here in the interest of preventing the Voodoo JuJu Knucklebone Toss from becoming just another parlor trick.
  I like to wait 'til something natural, ah,... speaks to me with just a little clue so's I don't offend the Magic with an ill-timed Toss.
 Lo and behold, the call from Ypsilanti (Mi) from an 85 yr. ol', much respected and always truthful extended family member came with great surprise. Even tho he has iced fish since youth, I'm inclined to attach truth in him saying, in amazement, "The yard is full of Robins". This has never happened before the apples drop. Never, ever, in his lifetime.  Could the robins be headed south to avoid a very early start to winter?
  And then, yesterday, my tomato plants were black from an August frost. Unheard of in these parts.
 So, these two signs indicate it's time to begin to get ready to commence with the Toss.
I'll get back with what we're in for as soon as I locate my special purple bag (Crown Royal) that hold the Knucklebones.
This should occupy most of ten days.
Or less.
                Tom

It would be Very unwise to Not Heed the Wise Council of Ypsilanti !  :bow: :bow: I certainly Hope that you did not lose the Ritualistic Purple Bag with a Full container of the Nectar of the Gods in it, That would be a Catastrophe of Biblical Proportions !! :woot:  :pinch: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Aug 21, 2011, 03:14 PM »
OK...One of the most important questions concerning the running of the lemmings to the SPIS in December... IceShanty.com will have a booth there this year, correct, since we are one of the show sponsors?...Who gets the honors this year? Be a nice spot for all of us to meet at a predestined time and leave any cell phone #'s there for incoming members to see, so we could all hook up and meet.... :thumbsup:
Well, mods...any scoop on this planned exodus as of yet?  ???

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #48 on: Aug 21, 2011, 09:56 PM »

I certainly Hope that you did not lose the Ritualistic Purple Bag with a Full container of the Nectar of the Gods in it, That would be a Catastrophe of Biblical Proportions !! :woot:  :pinch: :roflmao:
Oh, ha, No castasrophe Surf, it's on 20# flouro dropper with a swivel, just to be safe.
The other end is tied to my wrist. >:D  :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh yeah, about this winter, biblical adjectives may be in it's historical notes.  :angel

surflizard

« Reply #49 on: Aug 23, 2011, 05:42 AM »
It would be nice to have a Super cold winter with below average snowfall, a lot of the guys in heavy snowfall areas got shut down by all the snow last year and it also makes for some really Spooky Layers under the snow ! I had a couple of 10" heartattacks last winter and they suck !! :woot: :%$#!:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #50 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Surf, is that where your foot goes down a big bertha hole?  :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #51 on: Aug 23, 2011, 04:13 PM »
It wasn't the foot Gator, it was the Whole Surflizard !!  :woot: ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Aug 23, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Ya can't keep a good lizard down.... ;D

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Aug 28, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I went to the show last year, it's a great event. The blizzard made getting out of town a nightmare though.

My suggestion would be to consider more space at the event. In all honesty, I'm reluctant in some ways to go back. By 4:30 PM on Friday it was virtually impossible to walk around or even get into some vendor areas. They just have too much crammed into the space. Oddly, they had tons of wasted space in the back room area by the speaker.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #54 on: Aug 28, 2011, 04:40 PM »
I'll agree with that!!! We couldn't figure out why that WHOLE back area was wide open...I think it may have been reserved for some of the ATV's and motorized vehicles that didn't show up. You're right about the crowds...my buddy, who is only 5'8, had to follow behind me while I had to "bull through" some of the crowd to get to the refreshment areas. It was tough even gettin up to a vendor, much less finding one.  ::)

Offline Tipup Marathon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yay fishing
« Reply #55 on: Aug 28, 2011, 08:43 PM »
If I'm still living where I'm at, I might try to make it down.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #56 on: Aug 28, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Surf Lizard
If ya know where to look or know who to ask, you can usually get on some ice somewhere in this area during the weekend of the icefishing show.  I know guys who don't go to the show most years because they are already icefishing.
I work the show the whole weekend (and spend the day before the show doing set up) so I usually hit first ice 3 to 5 days before the show.
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

surflizard

« Reply #57 on: Aug 29, 2011, 05:44 AM »
I appreciate the heads up Desperado, I'm flying out for the ice show so that is the first priority ! If you don't mind me asking, what booth are you running, so we can stop by and say Howdy ? Rebel and I are hopeing to meet up with as many Fellow Shanty members as possible !

Surf

P.S. If all goes to plan like the past few years, I'll be able to get on some local Perch ponds around here by the 3rd week in November ! Your right Desperado, First Ice is Nice !  :icefish:

rickl1968

« Reply #58 on: Sep 07, 2011, 03:32 PM »
I just downloaded the Buck off coupon, savings already and im not even there yet!  :woot:

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #59 on: Sep 07, 2011, 03:38 PM »
I just downloaded the Buck off coupon, savings already and im not even there yet!  :woot:

your planning on saving and im planning on spending!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.