Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612617 times)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17550 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Whether you belong to I.S. or not, to All of the Veterans of the Armed Services, THANK YOU For your sacrifice and courage to defend our nation

Good Evening, Gang

Today wasn't bad down here - Got to the hi 50's with light breeze, mixed sun & clouds -wet slop for tomorrow  :P

Didn't catch a break this weekend, just way too much stuff going on for me to do, maybe by first ice

Everybody else wants things done for Turkey Day, just not possible, my superman cape is at the tailors being repaired, my crystal ball is shattered, so I couldn't see that you
      had a problem month and half ago when I should have been called to fix it then

A.C. job wants to have appliances delivered next week, will things be somewhat ready for them ( mumble-mumble-grumble-grumble)

NY Weather has 1 - 3 inches predicted for north of I-84, wet & sloppy

Glad to hear spearhouse problem working it's way thru channels

COOKIES

45 - join me for 2 fingers, at least when we get up, we will know why we have migraines

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Been seeing a lot of roadkill on the Garden State Parkway lately, this a.m. was a big 6 pt'er near Oyster Creek Generating Station
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17551 on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day weather wise. Didn’t get any rain. Weather guessers are saying rain with possible snow. Brought the Jeep to the dealership to see if they can fix the electrical issue. Finding a good mechanic is hard especially with a 20 yr old vehicle. My wife is off for the next 3 days.

Captain Jim, sounds like your clients are keeping you busy.

IFF, Hopefully work wasn’t to busy. Prayers your wife has a good eye appointment. Do you have ice up your way?

Whopper Stopper, Thats good news your credit card is standing by you on the spear shack. Sounds like your ready for the snow. Hopefully you get out and see your 8 pointer.

WallyWorld, Hopefully you don’t get to much snow. That plate of cookies does look good. That is very nice of you to make cookies.

I hope everyone had a good day and a safe one. I hope everyone has a great night with their families and friends. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17552 on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:10 PM »

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17553 on: Nov 12, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Thought for sure I’d be waking up to snow covered ground this morning...not so much as a flake here yet, which isn’t a bad thing. 
 29* cloudy and calm, high of 31 today. Freezing rain expected to start soon before turning to snow, 1-3” forecasted.

I-45...good luck with the Jeep, hope it’s an easy fix! That roofing material should help keep the stairs pretty clean, nice!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J... :roflmao: :thumbsup:   Keep the faith Sir!
  Bud...best wishes for wife today, hope 2 days off is enough to get rid of that bug.   :thumbsup:  The cold front arrives tonight.
  Marv...I got the muzzleloader zeroed in, the .243 was on. Very good news on the Visa card and the messages if needed!  :clap: 

Running short on time this morning, will have to catch up this afternoon....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17554 on: Nov 12, 2019, 04:22 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 24* and snowing, could get up to 6" the guessers say. ::)
                         Eddie........... Be careful traveling to work, could be slippery. :unsure:
                         Marv.............The spear house non maker doesn't have much choice, he didn't deliver om his end. I hope he doesn't get too nasty. ???
                         Capt.............The customers always want it yesterday, just keep plugging along. :flex:
                         Wally............It's to early to get that much snow with the ground still soft, plow guys will be tearing up some driveways! ???
                         I-45.............Good luck with the Jeep, but I'm sure the dealer can take care of it. :unsure:
                         I got out for a couple of hours Sunday and yesterday, saw some Does but no Bucks, it's early yet.  :blink: It snowed lightly most of the
                day yesterday but very lightly, only amounted to a couple of inches, it changed over to sleet during the night but now back to snow.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17555 on: Nov 12, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+2 with a -6 windchill, knocking on 20 later today. We kept the wood fire going all night, felt nice when we got up this morning.

Eddie good to read the shooting went well. Hope you and the crew have an excellent shortened week :thumbsup:

IW Good luck if hunting today :thumbsup: I also hope things just die on the vine with the fish house. I am confident he doesn't have much to complain about on his end. He just seems to be the type that thinks he can do whatever he wants when he wants has the bully mentality.

WW good luck with the snow removal, slow and easy, no heavy shoveling :nono:

TT not sure when you will next visit the 9:45, but Best of luck to you and the 8pointer on Wednesday. Wishing you a fun and safe hunt :thumbsup:

45- Good luck with the Jeep fix :thumbsup: Seems for every one good mechanic, there are 10 that will tell you they are ???

Capt.- One step at a time, one breath at a time. I have to tell myself that at times. It works ;D

I am hanging out in the garage today in-between keeping the fire going downstairs.  I will finish off my last tree job midweek when it warms up. Yesterday I turned down a huge job that needed to be done by Jan 1. Without the equipment too much back work. I just hate saying no.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17556 on: Nov 12, 2019, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not sure what it’s supposed to do today. Very cloudy this morning. Lots of police driving around. They found a body by the waste water treatment plant yesterday. My wife has the next 3 days off. This morning she wants to pick up a small kitchen island. Our kitchen is very small with no counter space. This should give us a place for pots and pans.

Whopper Stopper, Better to say no to a job then to hurt yourself and miss ice fishing season. Always good to tinker around the garage. We figured the dealer would be a better place to go with the Jeep with a lot of mechanics it could be a open checkbook with a 20 yr old vehicle.

Ice Wanderer, Good Luck today if going out in the woods. Will your shoulder be ok with you shooting?

Mason Eddie, Thats good you got the guns zeroed in. Are you doing pavers today at the mansion?

I hope everyone has great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17557 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:02 AM »
a lot better start to the day today. When the traffic guy showed all of the accidents yesterday morning the flashing icon made the map look like a Christmas tree. It is a lot better today

Up early this morning as I have to go to the city to pickup some meds before I get things packed to head to deer hunt tomorrow. It is going to take a while to get the house warmed up before season opens on Friday. Hopefully there is not too much snow over there so I can haul a different ladder into the tower blind. A guy hit an 8 point with his bow on Friday.  he tracked it clear over to my place. Even though it was almost a mile away from my property I was afraid it was the one that has been on my place. My son had a picture of the one on my place Sunday when he pulled cards from his cameras so I am safe.

We did not go to the Vets dinner on Sunday as the wife had stomach issues. I am sure there a was a lot of left over turkey as the VA does not bring that may up from the Vets Home any more. Hopefully a lot of other vets showed up as they are all welcome. The Grand Rapids Vets Home has had some serious issues with care. They got rid of their employees that cared and went with an out side contractor whose employees did not have the caring attitude.

Marv It sounds like you have all you need to solve the issue with the guy that stiffed you on the shanty. A call to the  better Business Bureau in the place he lives might not be a bad idea so they have record of what he pulled on you. Have you done anything with paypal as well as your credit card?

I had a tire going bad on the front my van. The go to place for tires in town had been sold out to a big tire outfit. when a friend went there to get one tire they wanted $155 for it. He went to another place in town that I had not heard of he bought the same exact tire of $105. I went there yesterday and got a good used tire for $53 mounted and balanced. There were many thousand tires in their warehouse, new and used. The place is tied up with a place that recycles tires. You see their semi vans parked at most of the tire places all over.

If-45 that cover over the steps will be nice keeping most of the snow off of the steps. It is too bad they did not put a piece of gutter at the bottom so the run off did not form ice. My steps are exposed so I sweep the snow off before I step on them so ice does not form by stepping on it.
Back when I was checking traps before going to work I could get WSM Nashville on AM radio. The old school country was way better that what is put out today. Todays radios do not get Am as good as they used to so I have not even tried to get WSM.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17558 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:14 AM »
28* and light snow/rain mix. We got about a half an inch here at the house, not sure on how much up in the hills. If the weather breaks and we don't get the wind, I may go out this afternoon.

Ice-45, the covered stairs look good. Good luck with the Jeep fix.

Eddie, sounds like you are ready to hit the woods. Good Luck.

Thoughts and prayers for Pres. Carter.

Everyone have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17559 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning ER's sorry I forgot to say thank you to all vets yesterday. Thanks to all veterans and families. 5 degrees here ice should be good real soon. I hope the jeep repairs go well. I picked up my ticket for the extravaganza in MN and looking to add a contour map. Have a good Tuesday to all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17560 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope the drive wasn't too slick this morning  :blink:

TT......good luck on your date with that 8 pt  ;)2  hope MrsTT is feeling better  :)

CapJ.....guess everyone forgets they aren't the only one needing (wanting) work done RIGHT NOW  ::)  hope your S cape is done soon  :roflmao:

WS.....not much in this world beats a fire in the fireplace on a cold night  :thumbsup:  have fun in the garage  @)

IW.....glad you're getting out in the woods  :clap:  good luck

H2L....good luck to you also if you decide to brave the elements  :)

OG.....definitely some  :icefish: temps  :thumbsup:

IFF.....hope MrsIFF's appointment goes well  :)  take care of those sniffles sir  ;)2

IF45.....hope the Jeep repair doesn't drain the wallet  :nono: 

MrC......guessing your area stayed snow free so far  ???

The snow didn't add up as bad as the forecast, about 3-4" on the ground this morning  :thumbsup:  the sleet/freezing rain kept the totals on the low end   :clap:  light snow in the air now and the wind is picking up, seems WS, IFF & OG are sending their "fresh" air east  :woot:

Some snow removal on tap today, not too much else planned.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17561 on: Nov 12, 2019, 09:37 AM »
Good morning ER's!! The storm went through here yesterday and left behind 3"-4" of snow which it forgot to take with it when it left! ;) The weather went from rain to snow, so we didn't go to our traditional Vet's dinner. We figured that the roads could be a bit slick so we played it safe. My wife is also a veteran having served 8 years in the Navy where I met and married her!! ;D I hope everyone has a good day doing whatever is on the planner!! :thumbsup:
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17562 on: Nov 12, 2019, 09:56 AM »
OS......many thanks to you and MrsOS for your service and sacrifices  :bow: :bow:  my apologies for omitting your name yesterday  :pinch:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17563 on: Nov 12, 2019, 10:01 AM »
OS......many thanks to you and MrsOS for your service and sacrifices  :bow: :bow:  my apologies for omitting your name yesterday  :pinch:

Not a problem!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17564 on: Nov 12, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Good morning over cast sky and the wind is picking up i had rain overnight and we had a brief period of sow a few minutes ago . Ground is still warm due not see any ice in puddles. Weather guessers say the midday high will be around thirty five  then temperature will start dropping into the twenties.
IFF sounds like there are not many employees left at your store if you were the only one scheduled to work a register for the whole day. Keep a watch on those sniffles don't need a cold or the flu. ;)2 :whistle:
Capt.Jim  seems everyone is always in a rush to get home improvements/renovations done and does not think about how many jobs a contractor has on their schedule.
Whopper Stopper good to hear Visa credit your account and is going after the shack builder glad you have the text messages to back up your story. Going from your game camera photos I think you have enough fire wood on site to make it through the Winter.
Icefisher-45 your landlord sure is making a lot of improvements to the house. May the dealership get wiring problem on the Jeep figured out.
Eddie glad you riffles are sighted in Best to you if headed out this weekend . Hope the roads were not to bad this morning on the trip to Albany.
Ice Wanderer good to read you got out in the woods this weekend. Be careful with the snow removal and hunting do not need any set backs with your shoulder.
Tom Turkey hope the wife is doing better. safe travels today and all the best with your hunting may you harvest that 8 pointer.
Hunts2long good luck if you get out this afternoon. I now have to check what is up with president Carter.
Old Goat sounds like you will be ice fishing soon. Have a good trip and time at the MN. extravaganza.
Wallyworld good to read you did not receive to much snow since you are in charge of clean up. Best to Mr.WW with this week's hunting.
OldSailor sorry the weather keep you and the wife from the Vet's dinner. Thanks to the two of you and all our other veterans for their service.

Have a good day stay alert if you have to travel in Wintry road conditions. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17565 on: Nov 12, 2019, 02:48 PM »
first ice is ready already here yippy

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17566 on: Nov 13, 2019, 02:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Windy and 12* this am, high of 27.

OG... :clap:   Good luck on your maiden voyage!   :icefish:
  Jeff...glad you got out to the woods and saw a few, hope the buck is around those Doe’s next trip!  :thumbsup:  Glad you had lesser amount of snow, good deal.
  Marv...good luck with the tree job this week, hope you get a break with the weather.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...the boys are back in town from Port Jervis, but thanks again for the offer on those restaurants.   :thumbsup:
  OS...sorry you and your wife couldn’t attend the dinner, Thank You both for your service!   :bow:
  Wally...the drive in wasn’t too bad, plow trucks had gone by and laid down some salt mix...couple areas of black ice. We ended up getting about an inch of snow...no complaints!  Hope the snow removal went ok.   :thumbsup:
  H2...hope the hunting was better yesterday afternoon!  :thumbsup:   I tried to get in the Walleye Challenge yesterday, missed out again.
  Tom...best of luck to you and your son...hope that wasn’t he buck you’ve been waiting for.   :thumbsup:

We got over to the paver job for a couple of hours after the snow started letting up. Didn’t get a whole lot accomplished, but we got a start on getting the base in. Not sure what’s on the planner today, hoping it’s inside work.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17567 on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 4* and clear here on my hill a high of 26* is forecast for today. ::)
                         Eddie.........I'm sure the paver base is frozen this morning unless you guy laid some concrete blankets over it. :o
                         Marv..........I'm glad that the wood stove is keeping you toasty. :thumbsup: Good thinking turning down the big tree job, if
                you need equipment to do it, it too much for one guy. :whistle:
                         OG............There is one small lake that had tightened up but the snow probably put the cabashes to it. :%$#!:
                         Steve.........There wasn't enough snow to snow blow, I just ran it in with my truck, but I did do some shoveling, the front walk
                and stairs and the back deck. My shoulder actually performed well and I'm not sore this morning.  :flex: :thumbsup:
                         OS.............Thank you and Mrs. OS for your services to our country. Where were you stationed when you met your wife! ???
                         Tom...........That's good that you found a good tire place. :thumbsup: Good luck to you and your son hunting. :flex:
                         Wally..........It's a good thing we didn't get the snow that was predicted, next week it's suppose to warm up, what a mess that would have been  :blink:
                         H2L............I hope the hunting is better for you, there is nothing better than seeing the deer against a snow background. :woot:
                         I might hit the woods again today when it warms up a little, other than that not much going on.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump day either at work or out in the sporting world.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17568 on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW, ER's.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17569 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

21 currently, squeaking close to 30 by afternoon. It appears all our cold weather with some lakes having walkable ice, will all be lost by the end of the week. The 10 day forecast shows warmer than normal temps with highs in the 40's :cookoo:

Eddie hope they have some inside work in your near future :thumbsup: When to you take to the woods for deer season?

IW best of luck if you get out in the woods today :thumbsup: I hate turning work down, but at this point I really don't have a choice.

WW hope your day is a good one. Are you all caught up with the snow detail?

Yesterday on Red Lake 20 people needed assistance getting off the lake when a 30" crack opened up. Rescue was called and they were able to get everyone off with no problems.

I am going to get my last tree job finished up today. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring. Part of me is thinking tree stand and the other part is thinking the weather would be good for working on my little shed.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17570 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Good morning all! Thought I'd stop in and say hi. Cold and snowy here right now. Been busy in the "Little Wood Shop" turning Christmas projects for family and friends. Made this ornament for my Bride the other day.

A pretty piece of apple wood that's been hanging around my shop for a couple years.

Happy to see everyone is well. Have a great day!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17571 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Wow Rg that is beautiful :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17572 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Been wondering where you have been hiding RG
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17573 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:55 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....spud spud spud  ;D

Eddie.....fingers crossed you get to spend the day inside today  ;)

WS.....the shed project will still be waiting AFTER deer season ends my friend  :whistle:

IW.....glad to hear the shoulder held up thru the shoveling detail  :flex: :clap:  I didn't bother snowblowing the driveway either, even my little car shouldn't have any problems  :woot:

H2L.....hope the snow/cold are getting the critters on their feet up your way  ;)

TT......slow and easy on the prep work, you don't need any pulled muscles on opening day  :nono:  enjoy your time in the woods and good luck  :)

8* here this morning  :blink:  warm up coming by the weekend  @) 

Got the text late yesterday afternoon  :clap: :thumbsup:

needless to say MrWW's one happy camper  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17574 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Congratulations Mr. WW on a beautiful buck  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love the chocolate colored horns  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17575 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:09 AM »
This will be my last post until I get back from my deer hunt. I am waiting for day light before I head out. I lucked out and did not get much snow out of the lake effect that his west Michigan the other day, only a couple of inches. Down along the southern coast where Dom used to hang out they got up to two feet. Up on a peninsula by Traverse City they had 30 inches.  It is going to make for some hard hunting in that much snow.

That was not the 8 point that has been on my property as my son has pictures of it working the scrape and licking branch in my tower food plot. He has pictures of a different buck in the food plots in the back corner of the property. I do not know why we have so many bucks around this year other than the food plots with nothing else to feed on. I have not seen a buck in a few years.

marv Our normal high is close to 50* now but we have not been to 40 in a while. What ice we had on our lake got blown out by the winds. It is supposed to get above freezing this week end with no snow guessed.

Eddi It must be hard to know how to drees for work when you do not know if you are going to be inside or out. When my older son was in track and I was working in Carhart's on the lake shore I would get to town and every one was in shorts. I got some funny looks.

Every one have a good rest of the week. Talk to you when I get back.

Edit
WW I see you posted while I was hunting and picking. Congrats to MR WW on the nice buck.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17576 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:41 AM »
8* and wind.
Congrats to MrWW. That is a nice buck.
TT, hope your hunting trip is a good one. Be Safe.
Eddie, too bad about the Walleye Challenge. I see it is now up to $50. Next year I will remind you when Lindsay gets the paper work in the mail. I didn't get in it this year, would rather see someone who is fishing be able to get into it. Too many just enter for the door prizes.

Not hunting this morning. (8* and wind will do that to me.) I sat the last 2 and half hours yesterday and the wind was real bad. I think it changed direction every minute. Then just before 4 o'clock it went calm and thought it would be a good end of the day. Boy was I wrong. About 4:10 the wind was back, small limbs and ice coming out of the trees. It was impossible to hear anything but about 4:30 I had this feeling that there was a deer close to me. I sat until the end of shooting time, got up and started out. About 40 yds out the trail I cut a lone track coming in behind me. It ran right down the trail and past my Jeep and across the road.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17577 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Top of the morning to you all. Had some skim ice on the local pond today, made me happy to see.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17578 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Morning ER's!! 8* here this morning and then a slow warm up for the rest of the week! IW, we were stationed at NAS Brunswick, ME when we met and married. One of the best duty stations I ever served at! She was a PR (Parachute Rigger) and had to jump out of a plane with a chute she packed herself!! :o I'm not jumping out of an airplane with perfectly good engines!! ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17579 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:50 AM »

Congratulations To Mr. WW for a nice buck. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.