The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rebel Team Chat  (Read 18787 times)

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
Re: Rebel Team Chat
« Reply #60 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Hopefully we get into a good number of pans tomorrow. A big pike and(or)bass will be a nice bonus as well. The last couple daytime outings have been really slow. Drillin' all them holes, and still not finding fish to bite has been a little tiring. At least the weather was nice. Sure beats sitting home. I am sure we'll get into them tomorrow. One way or another we will find them.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Im almost certain we'll get into them...but I think we'll have to work to find some size.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Well we didn't smoke 'em out, but plenty of action. It was definitely worth the trip. Best day bite, the last 2 weeks. Can't wait to get back out to that private lake tomorrow. Hopefully we don't have to weed out too many dinks. More of them bass and calico would be nice as well.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:31 AM »
Well we didn't smoke 'em out, but plenty of action. It was definitely worth the trip. Best day bite, the last 2 weeks. Can't wait to get back out to that private lake tomorrow. Hopefully we don't have to weed out too many dinks. More of them bass and calico would be nice as well.

I didn't do well after you guys left. I ended up keeping 19 gills & a 13 inch crappie. The bite got worse as the day wore on. Didn't even catch too many perch. I stayed 'till 8 PM & after dark I only got one dink perch & a miniture gill. Good luck today & I think I'm gonna wait 'till tuesday to get back out again. Hopefully the gill bite will pick up then.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 16, 2009, 08:51 AM »
I didn't do well after you guys left. I ended up keeping 19 gills & a 13 inch crappie. The bite got worse as the day wore on. Didn't even catch too many perch. I stayed 'till 8 PM & after dark I only got one dink perch & a miniture gill. Good luck today & I think I'm gonna wait 'till tuesday to get back out again. Hopefully the gill bite will pick up then.
We went back out Sunday, later in the morning and fished till sunset, and didn't do as good as Sat. Ended up with about 20 keeper perch and 3 gills between the 3 of us. Most of the perch were caught on our tip-ups. Got cleaned on them multiple times. We had a pretty consitent jig bite, but very lite biters. So needless to say, that accounted for a lot of the cleaned minnows off the tip-ups as well. We threw back probably anywhere about 20-30 dinks. There was a week cold front that went through the  Sat. night, so as with the other rebels, we defintely blame that, for the slow bite. Good luck to you Gillahollic, and maybe see you out there again.

Good Fishin'...SalmonRebel. :tipup:

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:09 AM »
We went back out Sunday, later in the morning and fished till sunset, and didn't do as good as Sat. Ended up with about 20 keeper perch and 3 gills between the 3 of us. Most of the perch were cought on our tip-ups. Got cleaned on them multiple times. We had a pretty consitant jig bite, but very lite biters. So needless to say, that accounted for a lot of the cleaned minnows off the tip-ups as well. We threw back probably anywhere about 20-30 dinks. There was a week cold front that went through the  Sat. night, so as with the other rebels, we defintely blame that, for the slow bite. Good luck to you Gillahollic, and maybe see you out there again.

I'm heading back over there today. Hopefully the bite will change for the better! :tipup:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 17, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I'm heading back over there today. Hopefully the bite will change for the better! :tipup:
The 3 of us were there last night. Ice Rebel was onto a bunch of perch with his tip-ups. I think, it was over 20 that he kept, and probably threw back as many dinks. Me and Rebelfisher jigged right next to each other and got onto a decent calico bite for a little while. He picked up about a dozen keepers, plus a few gills. And while I didn't get into as many, I picked up 2 beauties, one pushing 14inches and the other a 13 incher. We had tip-ups out too, and had a lot of dinks hitting earlier on, then we were getting our bait stripped with out even setting off the flags. Being zoned in on the jig bite, we didn't go around as often to check the tip-ups. Next time we go, we're going to concentrate on the jigging, and set up only a few tip-ups close by. Let us know how you made out. Talk to you again,...SalmonRebel.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:52 PM »
STRUCTURE, STRUCTURE, STRUCTURE!!!!!  The aqua vu confirmed we were fishin over TREES!!! the water was very murky as well. my (great) uncle told me that spot produced the same results at the same time 20 years ago! Boy was he right on. Its nice to listen to someone who's done it a few times in their life and actually get the same results!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:13 PM »
STRUCTURE, STRUCTURE, STRUCTURE!!!!!  The aqua vu confirmed we were fishin over TREES!!! the water was very murky as well. my (great) uncle told me that spot produced the same results at the same time 20 years ago! Boy was he right on. Its nice to listen to someone who's done it a few times in their life and actually get the same results!
Yep! You got that right Rebelfisher. Can't wait to get back out, and do it again. We got to hook your uncle up with some fish next time out. It's the least, to show the appreciation to fish there.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:21 PM »
yeah...im bringin him some filets and halibut next time I go up. but im sure the stuff you buy at price chopper is fresher, healthier, and at least you know what you're getting was tested by our trustworthy FDA...lol   :roflmao: ;)2

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Rebelfisher. Tell him you bought the fillets from Price Chopper! :laugh: I'd love to see the reaction. :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:59 PM »
I TRUST the GORTON FISHERMAN! :woot:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:09 PM »
I'm eating a BK BIG FISH! and listening to Iron Maiden on the stereo. :bow: :woot: :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:27 PM »
why?  you must be a devil worshipor   >:D      :laugh:

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:33 AM »
The 3 of us were there last night. Ice Rebel was onto a bunch of perch with his tip-ups. I think, it was over 20 that he kept, and probably threw back as many dinks. Me and Rebelfisher jigged right next to each other and got onto a decent calico bite for a little while. He picked up about a dozen keepers, plus a few gills. And while I didn't get into as many, I picked up 2 beauties, one pushing 14inches and the other a 13 incher. We had tip-ups out too, and had a lot of dinks hitting earlier on, then we were getting our bait stripped with out even setting off the flags. Being zoned in on the jig bite, we didn't go around as often to check the tip-ups. Next time we go, we're going to concentrate on the jigging, and set up only a few tip-ups close by. Let us know how you made out. Talk to you again,...SalmonRebel.

Fished yesterday from 11AM 'till 7:30. Not many gills, no crappie & only a few perch. I didn't keep any fish because I didn't start getting them until almost dark. Tried many different spots & the gills I did get were right in the middle of the lake. Was that your holes near the outlet?

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 18, 2009, 12:33 PM »
Fished yesterday from 11AM 'till 7:30. Not many gills, no crappie & only a few perch. I didn't keep any fish because I didn't start getting them until almost dark. Tried many different spots & the gills I did get were right in the middle of the lake. Was that your holes near the outlet?
We were fishing in the same general area, that you saw us on Sat. The area, you saw Ice Rebel and Rebelfisher fishing was where Ice Rebel got into the perch Mon. night, and me and Rebelfisher were just a ways further from him in a straight line just off of that point(lots of structure). Rebelfisher tried jigging your area that you were at Sat. for a little while Sun. and only got into some dink gills. We haven't been any where else on there, except between where you were, and back where you seen me Sat. towards the other shoreline. I haven't fished that area since Sat., mainly concentrated on the shoreline off that point.  But it seems for now that whole area from were Rebelfisher and Ice Rebel were Sat.,- back beyond that point, seems to be producing. I might add, from what we saw, it didn't look like too many other people that were out were doing that good.
Hope to see you back out there again. Maybe this weekend. Hope this helps you out. Good fishin' SalmonRebel. :tipup:

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 19, 2009, 07:24 AM »
Thanks Rebels! I might be there this weekend.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Gillaholic...the holes by the outlet was from one guy fishin there on sunday. he was by himself and i was watchin him...didnt seem to be picking anything up. there was also a group of guys towards my uncles dock, and they only caught a few tiny perch. It seems the best spot is anywhere from where you were on saturday up to where we were. and right in the middle of the point. There is tree braches down there (i brought my aqua vu )and our tip ups were constantly getting snagged. Id like to get there saturday well before dawn for possibly another calico bite.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Gillaholic...the holes by the outlet was from one guy fishin there on sunday. he was by himself and i was watchin him...didnt seem to be picking anything up. there was also a group of guys towards my uncles dock, and they only caught a few tiny perch. It seems the best spot is anywhere from where you were on saturday up to where we were. and right in the middle of the point. There is tree braches down there (i brought my aqua vu )and our tip ups were constantly getting snagged. Id like to get there saturday well before dawn for possibly another calico bite.

Thanks for the info & good luck to you Rebel Fishers! Don't look like I am going to make it there this weekend but I will be there next week.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 20, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Thanks for the info & good luck to you Rebel Fishers! Don't look like I am going to make it there this weekend but I will be there next week.
Keep in touch. We'll let you know how we made out, if we go there this weekend.

Offline Nuangola Susquehanna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 20, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Rebels,

I'm fishing Sylvan Lake tommorrow night and would like extend an inviation to join us.

Hopefully we'll catch some crappies and walleyes and maybe an occassional stockie.

Hope to see you-all there.

nuangolasusquehanna (my yankee mothers only REBEL son).

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:15 PM »
Nuangola I was wondering if this is an open invatation?I am looking for a different body of H20 to fish . Would like to meet up with some people instead of just typing on the computer.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Rebels,

I'm fishing Sylvan Lake tommorrow night and would like extend an inviation to join us.

Hopefully we'll catch some crappies and walleyes and maybe an occassional stockie.

Thanks for the invitation, Nuangola.
Me, Ice Rebel, and Rebelfisher got to talkin' a little while ago about going out Rebelfisher's uncle's place tommorrow early in the morning. I don't think I'll be able to head out tommorrow night after the earlier trip. My vehicle is broke down, and I'm relying on the other rebels for a ride. Plus, they're hen-pecked! :laugh: We fish Sylvan from time to time. If we don't meet up tommorrow. There should be another time before the ice lets up. By the way, Nuangola. For the heck of askin', are you one of Mickey's buddies, from 'Bugs and Grubs' in West Nanticoke? I'm pretty sure a couple of his buds are on the shanty. We've fished with him and a couple of his friends a few times, and I was wondering if you might be one of them.

'Til Next Time, Good Fishin'...SalmonRebel.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 20, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Nuangola I was wondering if this is an open invatation?I am looking for a different body of H20 to fish . Would like to meet up with some people instead of just typing on the computer.
Sure. Come on down. ;D  But I don't think you got the PM.
This actually is going to be a 'WWF Cagematch Showdown on the Ice' at Sylvan, for everyone that wants to get into a fist fight over the post comments on the Shanty. :laugh:
Make sure ya bring your Lousiville slugger, tire iron, and some of them chairs to smash over some heads. :o :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:16 PM »
Rebels,

Nuagola...Please, please, please....if you catch a wonderful stockie, you should REALLY consider releasing it to fight another day. Just think of the joy it will bring to another angler's heart  (not to mention their extreme fighting power!)  :roflmao:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:19 PM »
thanks for the invite, but sylvan has been really slow last couple times (last week and this week) so we're gonna hit up my uncles place and try that out for a change in pace.  We'll definitelely hit up sylvan again so keep in touch or drop one of us a PM. Rebel.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Hi, Shantysitter. Haven't talked in a bit. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown the wisecrack your way. :D
It's just my rebel ways that I can't control. :laugh:
On a serious note. Me and the other rebels never made it to Harvey's yet. I'd still like to try a little bit of that before the end. And like Rebelfisher noted before. We plan to head out to sylvan again. So just shoot a PM sometime, or if you want, I'll throw one your way.

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:13 PM »
salmonrebel  I haven;t been to Harveys Lake either . I have been spending alot of my time ice fishing on Oneida. I was planning on going up this weekend but they are getting poounded with snow.  I am planning on doing some fishing in Pa this weekend and was looking for different water.Nuangola ; I don't usually bring a bat with me on the ice but I have an auger and my gaff is pretty nasty.I have never fished Sylvan but if you are going I am game.

Offline Nuangola Susquehanna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 21, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Hi, Shantysitter. Haven't talked in a bit. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown the wisecrack your way. :D
It's just my rebel ways that I can't control. :laugh:
On a serious note. Me and the other rebels never made it to Harvey's yet. I'd still like to try a little bit of that before the end. And like Rebelfisher noted before. We plan to head out to sylvan again. So just shoot a PM sometime, or if you want, I'll throw one your way.

No problem. I'll catch up with you-all sometime soon. Let's hit Harvey's before the ice leaves us.

yours in ice fishing,

Nuangola

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:05 AM »
No problem. I'll catch up with you-all sometime soon. Let's hit Harvey's before the ice leaves us.

yours in ice fishing,

Nuangola
Sure thing, Nuangola. Keep in touch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.