The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 11335 times)

Offline HardwaterQueen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2021, 08:39 PM »
Nice Fish!  :tipup:

Offline KevinM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2021, 10:11 PM »
Is that Lake Arthur?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Few pics from today

nice catch you ol dawg,did dad go? glad to see your doing well
GOD BLESS YOU
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:56 PM »
Ya he sure did. 72 and he's still running to flags. I know between yesterday & today we had 60 flags between us easy. He wants to go again tomorrow. My legs are sore. With softball season this summer n fall being canceled cause of covid I'm out of shape a bit. Lol! Hope to see you out there soon.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:57 PM »
Is that Lake Arthur?
[/quote
Yep sure is.

Offline Edge 23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2021, 10:10 PM »
Nice fish

Offline bigtalljoebrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2021, 09:46 AM »
I saw several people ice fishing around the Muddy Creek finger yesterday. I spoke with a guy talking about catching perch through the ice as Sugar Lake. It's south east of Meadville. Anyway, I've been a lurker for a few years and this a post so I can see reports and conditions. I live about 10 minutes away from the so I get as often as I can.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2021, 10:01 AM »
I think you need one more post joe...

Offline bigtalljoebrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Thanks. We had some pretty steady rain when I left my place this morning for work with 32/33 degrees out. Hopefully the rain slows down with this warm up today. I got all my stuff gathered last night to go out Thursday. I need to pick up y license and a new battery for my Aqua Blue.

Offline Bil2087

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2021, 09:09 AM »
Hoping to go to muddy creek Thursday too

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Check out my IG @perfect_drifter412
« Reply #40 on: Jan 26, 2021, 09:16 AM »
This rain isn't good.  Ice was not great last night, 3-3.5 at most, mostly clear but can quickly turn.
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 26, 2021, 10:20 AM »
i was on a good 4" and i think it will be fine.the edges might get chewed up and if you try to head out to the mouth of the bay better have a float suit and a jet pack

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2021, 11:32 AM »
i was on a good 4" and i think it will be fine.the edges might get chewed up and if you try to head out to the mouth of the bay better have a float suit and a jet pack

Agreed.  Would not suggest venturing out towards the mouth. Everyone is just going to be on top of each other, and the lake is down so not much depth back there.
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Offline pbr74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 26, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Hoping to get out this weekend as well, guess we'll see.  New to the site also.

Offline Chev482

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2021, 01:24 PM »
Does anyone know if the bait shop is opened this year on 422 just to the east of the park?  I believe it was called Appalachain Trails and is beside the Kwik Fill.

Thanks

Offline bigtalljoebrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 26, 2021, 02:05 PM »
It's open. The hours suck though. O'donnell's just off 19 and 422 is better in my opinion. A little less convenient, but better hours and not so stingy.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:13 PM »

Sigh ice fishing jetpack.   Yet ANOTHER thing I have to buy for ice fishing...

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:18 PM »
agree ap trails is very stingy on all bait i drive out of my way to go to route 19 cool guy not so cheap

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:20 PM »
I miss the old boy on 528 right before the bridge.  Perfect spot for a bait shop.

Offline 41ford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:54 PM »
Oh yes we used to knock on the door and wait for him to wake up.. he was a sight to see but gottr dun. Odonells is good. We have a crew heading down Thursday I’m assuming muddy creek is the only safe option.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 26, 2021, 04:38 PM »
I miss the old boy on 528 right before the bridge.  Perfect spot for a bait shop.
jims bait was great,he had big suckers at a time the fish only wanted suckers?
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 26, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Those old Coca-Cola coolers he kept the bed and give you real live bait. Too bad when Jim passed away. Now Ron’s gone and Appalachian Trail is limping along till they can sell it. He never wanted to do any water changes the bait was always already shocked and died fast. JerryO’Donnell is the best for now we’ll see how long he last then I don’t know what we’re gonna do drive to Pittsburgh

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 26, 2021, 07:24 PM »
Those old Coca-Cola coolers he kept the bed and give you real live bait. Too bad when Jim passed away. Now Ron’s gone and Appalachian Trail is limping along till they can sell it. He never wanted to do any water changes the bait was always already shocked and died fast. JerryO’Donnell is the best for now we’ll see how long he last then I don’t know what we’re gonna do drive to Pittsburgh

So true.  I wish Amazon Prime would deliver minnows....

Offline PaPittSteelerFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Usually fish of 528 by the church.  Want to target walleye this year. Any suggestions on other areas to target?  Thanks

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:36 PM »
aqua world in pittsburgh has shiners and rosey reds shiners are 7.25$ a dozen [12]  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2021, 07:54 AM »
aqua world in pittsburgh has shiners and rosey reds shiners are 7.25$ a dozen [12]  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
GOD BLESS
mo

is that the place next to house of lee?

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:29 AM »
GOD BLESS
mo

he just got pinched for having snakeheads and arowana's...  you sure he's still open?  He's been indicted several times now LOL used to pay $3 to watch him feed caimens live rats in highschool.  crazy dude.  King Cobra's, Green Anaconda's, 4ft Caimen, Pacu, Pirahna, Arowana, any invasive species found in the greater pittsburgh area most likely came from his shop. Paying that guy is like supporting the introduction of invasive species IMO.
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2021, 10:06 AM »
he just got pinched for having snakeheads and arowana's...  you sure he's still open?  He's been indicted several times now LOL used to pay $3 to watch him feed caimens live rats in highschool.  crazy dude.  King Cobra's, Green Anaconda's, 4ft Caimen, Pacu, Pirahna, Arowana, any invasive species found in the greater pittsburgh area most likely came from his shop. Paying that guy is like supporting the introduction of invasive species IMO.

we bought bait there once a number of years ago - before going to the river & just remember thinking how dirty that place was. 

Offline ViperSteel66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 28, 2021, 06:24 AM »
I heard some fish hogg was doing good up north last weekend.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 28, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Wow that is your first post? Welcome aboard ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.