The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA, The End Is Here, How Was Your Season?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline SweetValleyYoungblood

• IceShanty Rookie
NEPA, The End Is Here, How Was Your Season?
« on: Mar 06, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Looks like we're doomed guys :'( .Everything has water on it and the temps don't look like they're gonna help us out!

How was your ice fishing season?  Haha mine sucked! I got no flags and no bites on the 'ol jiggin' rod!! Crappy winter, eh?

How'd you all do? Heard it was slow up here in NEPA, Lily was the hotspot from what I heard.

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: NEPA, The End Is Here, How Was Your Season?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2009, 10:13 PM »
I had a very good season fishing for trout with my 8yr old son.
We caught a bunch (100-125 between us) and they fight a little harder than bluegills.
The smallest one was about 11" and most were at 14-15" with the largest being 18" or more.
But even if I did not catch any my season would have been great because I got to spend time with my 8yr old son.
 I am battling cancer so I don't know how many more ice seasons I have left.
So every one is a good one.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2009, 07:30 AM »
Gambler you will be in my prayers. Will see ya sometime next year on the ice. Maybe fish Harbor or Moraine.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

icewagon

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:06 PM »
The battle you are enduring I can't imagine, may the LORD be with you , my paryer is that the LORD restore you to full health and give you many more seasons with your family. No one know what Gods plan is ,and if it is for your seasons to be shortend .Then allow me the privilege to  extend a open invitation to your son to continue his ice fishing  experience .

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Excellent!...The freezers are full! :thumbsup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2009, 02:50 PM »
   Being off all winter and ice fishing every other day has been great, Thursday was trip #40 on the hard water for my dad and me, and it has been a great season. Now I know their is still fishable ice out their on many lakes but I think I caught the spring fever, because I can't wait to hit the open water and I've also been having dream's of the spring wood for Turkey's. I can't wait to get in my brand new boat that I purchased last fall and haven't had in the water yet. I've already started to purchase my first of the year soft water tackle and new gear that I have been waiting all winter to get. So I guess I'm saying the end isn't near for me, I think the end has come and I'm throwing in the towel for this season.

It's been great talking to all you fine people this year about the sport that we love so much, and to all you that continue to get out and fish a few more times ,  Good luck , Stay on top , and Tight lines to you all...

" caddy084 " out.......

Offline iceintioga

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2009, 04:47 PM »
"Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?"

From "Reluctance" By Robert Frost

I was reluctant to call the season ended.
I thought , yesterday, that it might be a treason.
After all, the love of something is hard to give up.
Untill I saw my freind next to me slowly sinking,
The ice was moving...down!
So I guess I must go "with the drift of things"
And "yield with a grace to reason"
Bow my head,
And accept the end of the season.

But Walleyes are open untill the 14th.
And there are other seasons comming.........

Tight lines to you all.

Ford ....aka iceintioga

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2009, 05:00 PM »
caddyo84 just curious what new boat did you purchase?

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2009, 05:37 PM »
"Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?"

From "Reluctance" By Robert Frost

I was reluctant to call the season ended.
I thought , yesterday, that it might be a treason.
After all, the love of something is hard to give up.
Untill I saw my freind next to me slowly sinking,
The ice was moving...down!
So I guess I must go "with the drift of things"
And "yield with a grace to reason"
Bow my head,
And accept the end of the season.

But Walleyes are open untill the 14th.
And there are other seasons comming.........

Tight lines to you all.

Ford ....aka iceintioga

AMEN

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2009, 07:41 PM »
caddyo84 just curious what new boat did you purchase?

I bought a 2009 Tracker Guide V 14 ft. deep V, with a 15 hp Mercury 4 stroke, and a minnkota 55lb bow mount. That gets me around the Pack and the River and plenty good for all the other lakes in our area. I don't really have any use for live well, bait well and all that other fancy stuff, I'm looking to get some other kind of electronics for it with GPS incorporated into the unit. I already have it hooked up for my FL-18, and did I say how pumped I am to get it in the water. Hope that ice comes off soon.....  :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Congrats on your new boat. ;D
 Two years ago I purchased a 16ft Crestliner Fish Hawk and put a 75hp Merc Optimax on it. Last spring my second night of fishing on Lake Wallenpaupack two drunks rammed me full throttle at about 11pm at night by Kipp Island. THey literally went right over the top of my boat. We were stationary with all my lights on at the time. My father was in the hospital for 5 weeks, 2 of which were in ICU on a resirator. My other friend broke his leg. We were in the water 45 minutes before rescue boats pulled us out. Luckily there was another boat with some guys fishing near us and heard the collision. They came right over to lend us aide.
The driver of the boat was just sentenced thursday to 13-54 months in state prison. The guys that hit us were trailer trash. Thank God I had boat insurance but more importantly thank God my father and friend survived the incident.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2009, 09:12 PM »
                  Sorry to hear about that, thank god everyone came out of it OK, I never heard a word about that and I'm at the lake quite a bit in the the summer, not that I talk to that many people their. I also have a 24 ft. Hunter sail boat that I keep at the Capri marina in the summer and spend a lot up their with my wife and daughter. I guess I don't have to tell you about all the ignorant people that fly around that lake in the summer. I have had a few close calls myself at night while under sail and it's worse when you sail, seems like you get no respect. Even with all the running lights ,mast light and cabin lights on it's still a silent boat .....

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Good luck to everyone on the openwater, and streams.
Keep it light hearted most of the time, because life's too short to go around with your underwear in a bunch. :D  Keep your family safe, and take them at least once in a while. They are what matters the most. I think I speak for many by saying this...
The outdoors is what I'm about. Give me a rod, give me a gun, the outdoors is second to none.

Oh, yeah, one more thing. My freezer's only half full! :laugh:

Maybe we'll throw it back and forth some more on the other forum.
Signed onto myfishfinder.com recently.

Good Fishin'...SalmonRebel. :tipup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Being that this was my second ever season of ice fishing--my first trip out I eclipsed my last season's total for fish in less than an hour ;D learned alot--met alot of great people and alot of shanty members--fished a few new lakes and caught some of the biggest fish I ever caught..season's not completely over as I have hopefully a couple more trips up north to make before season's end..and already making plans to keep in touch with the new people I met from here to share many open water experiences before it becomes time to be out on the ice once more--til then--Y'all take care and stay safe ! ;D

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2009, 04:24 PM »
beadhead and i got out alot this year  :thumbsup: this was a real good season for us had alot of real good days with some real good fishing :thumbsup: it is the end just got done unloading the hut and put it in the corner :'( :'( until next year  :( now it time to get out the fly rods and rip some trout lips  :flex: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
got ice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.