Author Topic: Music and you tube question...  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Fish_tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lake Scugog, Ontario
Music and you tube question...
« on: Feb 10, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Hey guys perhaps someone could help me.

How do you guys put songs that are copyrighted on a you tube video ? I seem to always have to settle for 3 rd party matched music but the selection is crap.  Any tips would be great !! Thanks. FT
><(((((((((( {•<  .. .  ..... . ><(((•>

Offline Rick Larson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hoping for a walleye
Re: Music and you tube question...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2013, 12:54 AM »
I got a few tunes in the Corel VideoX5 editing program. This program has the ability to "Set Mood" (subtract and/or raise and lower the volume to the various instruments), and it creates a different sound. So it is like having 100's available.

Otherwise, there are sites where you can buy the rights to royalty-free music. I haven't ponied up yet, so can't report on this.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:24 AM »
I guess I just throw whatever music on my videos and then state in the information what the song and artist is and that I do not own it. And then acknowledge it and it's fine. I've heard with the "matched 3rd party content" it's sometimes unable to view on mobile and in certain countries but I haven't heard much from my subscribers and they still get views so I don't seem to change it.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:28 AM »
I guess I just throw whatever music on my videos and then state in the information what the song and artist is and that I do not own it. And then acknowledge it and it's fine. I've heard with the "matched 3rd party content" it's sometimes unable to view on mobile and in certain countries but I haven't heard much from my subscribers and they still get views so I don't seem to change it.
x2  If you make a reference to a website within the context of your video, even with the proper accreditations it can be blocked completely. Led Zeppelin songs will definately be flagged, some companies are very anal about copyright infringements. Also Youtube does not support ipads and mobile device platforms ;)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:07 AM »
What do you mean they don't support it? I have viewed countless videos on my mobile phones, the only difference I've noticed is that the Annotations don't show up with mobile devices like they would on your computer.

Offline Consummate Sportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:11 AM »
What do you mean they don't support it? I have viewed countless videos on my mobile phones, the only difference I've noticed is that the Annotations don't show up with mobile devices like they would on your computer.

He meant if you use copywrited music, many times it will be blocked on mobile devices.  Record companies want you to buy their music, not listen to it for free on youtube.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2013, 02:31 PM »
He meant if you use copywrited music, many times it will be blocked on mobile devices.  Record companies want you to buy their music, not listen to it for free on youtube.
TY, yes.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Gotchya, yeah I was aware that sometimes when it says "matched 3rd party content" it's unavailable on mobile devices.

Offline Fish_tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lake Scugog, Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:03 PM »
I got a few tunes in the Corel VideoX5 editing program. This program has the ability to "Set Mood" (subtract and/or raise and lower the volume to the various instruments), and it creates a different sound. So it is like having 100's available.

Otherwise, there are sites where you can buy the rights to royalty-free music. I haven't ponied up yet, so can't report on this.

You would not happen to know any of these site would you? I would not mind checking them out. 

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:46 PM »
You would not happen to know any of these site would you? I would not mind checking them out.
mp3 skull.com....

Offline Fish_tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lake Scugog, Ontario
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2013, 08:52 PM »
mp3 skull.com....

Thank you very much! FT

Offline Rick Larson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hoping for a walleye
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2013, 01:31 PM »

This is the one I am looking at:

http://www.smartsound.com/

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:15 PM »
This is the one I am looking at:

http://www.smartsound.com/
Where is the free music there?  ;)

Offline Rick Larson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hoping for a walleye
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2013, 10:33 AM »
Where is the free music there?  ;)

Actually, there are a few tunes for free on that site. The same ones that come with the Corel program. But I suspect as more people start to use them, and since Americans have the attention span of a gnat, they will become boring rather quickly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.