The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing around Duluth.  (Read 1633 times)

Offline 0514

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Ice fishing around Duluth.
« on: Oct 11, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Hi, I am planning on being in Duluth around Christmas and wondered where there would be ice. Our daughter in in the USCG there but isn't much on looking into  ice for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
Re: Ice fishing around Duluth.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2006, 01:18 PM »
My cousin fishes fish lake a lot.
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2006, 01:27 PM »
pike lake is another choice.
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2006, 01:29 PM »
I found this on another site:

I would stop in at Fisherman's Corner. They are located on the way out of Duluth...head north on HWY 53 and they will be on your right hand side. I'm estimating it will be about 5-8miles north from the MILLER mall area. Get yourself some bait there and then just head over to Caribou Lake. You don't have to walk out far to some crappie haunts. I'm not sure how the bite is, but I always had fun & a little luck each time I was out there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.