The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: heading north  (Read 1627 times)

Offline 2 MAN ESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
heading north
« on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Heading up to little Winnie resort in couple of weeks  for a weeks vacation. Was wondering how the ice conditions and fishing has been. This will be 10 years that i have been up ice fishing meet a lot of good people.Took the wives last year that was very interesting to say the least!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Re: heading north
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2011, 08:30 PM »
 I just booked a sleeper on Cass Lake for next weekend. We were slated for a few days in S.D. but that is looking like a no go.

Offline 2 MAN ESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Hopefully mother nature figures out that it's winter soon. We try to hit big cut foot Sioux, bowstring, east lake, gunderson, bello and a lot of the smaller lakes in that area. Last year was interesting with all snow and slush on the lakes got stuck a few times with the sled not fun.

Offline eyesntightlines

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer on the ice is always nice!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:10 AM »
Happy New Years Everyone!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2012, 01:03 AM »
Got a report from feinds on winny today ..
ice was 12" at this time there only letting small
trucks out at dennys resort.. if you have quads
or a snowmoble id recomend  taking that...
Hard Ice

Offline flyangler00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2012, 02:51 AM »
call, call, call! the ice is really bieng funny this year as there has been 12+ in. in one spot and the only 7 in. in  another! winnie is bout 1.5 hrs north of me, but i know they prob. have a bit more snow and colder temps. i would seriously call ahead to the resort your going out of and get the latest!

may you have tight lines and good times, we'll see you on the water

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Heading up to little Winnie resort in couple of weeks  for a weeks vacation. Was wondering how the ice conditions and fishing has been. This will be 10 years that i have been up ice fishing meet a lot of good people.Took the wives last year that was very interesting to say the least!

Sound's like you really enjoy yourself up there on Winni! If you should want to rent a fishouse while you are up there, I'll post a link for the best guy for you to get in touch with: 
   campjigglestick.com Dave knock's himself out to see that you get on some fish! He's also a World Champion BS'er! ;D If you can get him started telling war storie's you will end up ROTFLYAO! Seriously, Dave is an all around, stand-up heck of a good egg! Tell him DIRTBALL2 sent you! Good luck! DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline 2 MAN ESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Sound's like you really enjoy yourself up there on Winni! If you should want to rent a fishouse while you are up there, I'll post a link for the best guy for you to get in touch with: 
   campjigglestick.com Dave knock's himself out to see that you get on some fish! He's also a World Champion BS'er! ;D If you can get him started telling war storie's you will end up ROTFLYAO! Seriously, Dave is an all around, stand-up heck of a good egg! Tell him DIRTBALL2 sent you! Good luck! DIRTBALL2 ;)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thanks for that contact I'll keep him in mind vacation can't get here fast enough

Offline 2 MAN ESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2012, 06:50 PM »
 ;D only 5 more days !!!!until vacation  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.