Author Topic: Need suggestions for boots  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Rhinosmash4u

• IceShanty Rookie
Need suggestions for boots
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:05 PM »
 The boots I’ve been using aren’t cutting it was told Mickey Mouse boots but can’t any bigger than size 10 any other affordable options out there  that you guys can suggest ?

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Need suggestions for boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Baffin Trappers

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 01:40 PM »
mickeys are everywhere in all sizes,i still think they are the longest lasting,warm and best waterproof boot out there..if my hips were still good I would still wear them and might if its real cold out.im now using muck arctic pros and they are good so far.but ive been in a heated shack only.my mickeys were warm all day sitting outside doing nothing.

Offline Traditionmatters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Agree with the Mickey Mouse boots. Best boot around

Offline mattstark44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:53 AM »
I've had the same Baffins for the past 5-6 seasons.  My feet have never gotten cold or wet in them and they're light.  They have held up great and still look to have at least a few seasons left.  One of the best boots I've ever owned.  I believe they're the Impact which are rated to something like -80 degrees.

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Muck makes some fantastic boots.  I'm on my second pair of muck edgewaters first pair lasted 4 years.....but I wear them for EVERYTHING I do outdoors......all my hunting I wear them deer turkey rabbit pheasant ducks.....then all through the ice fishing season too.  Only reason I bought a new pair is the soles had no tread left and I was slipping around walking on snow....they were still keeping my feet warm and dry.  Can be found for under $100 if you look around.

The edgewaters are good but not the best insulation they make.......the arctic pros are the top of the line for insulation and those run around $150.  I chose the edgweaters because I wear them in "warmer" weather in spring and fall when I'm hunting and the arctic pros seem over the top on insulation for spring and fall......but they still keep my feet warm on the ice.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:53 AM »

For ice fishing and "low activity" outdoors sports they are great.  If your walking any distance.......they suck. 
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:48 AM »
check out the Trans Alaska II from Cabelas ;)

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:00 PM »
check out the Trans Alaska II from Cabelas ;)
x2

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Baffin Titans!!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Hooked up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:01 PM »
Muck Artic Pro boots

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Muck Artic Pro boots
X 2 for Much Boots

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2018, 11:15 PM »

Ditto. Never ever got cold feet again once I started using Mickeys. I use them when walking the dog in winter and don't even need socks. A friend got water in his boots breaking through the ice near shore once and his feet actually warmed up the water in his mickeys. I kid you not!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.