Author Topic: ICE FISHING GLOVES!  (Read 6313 times)

Offline chevy343

• IceShanty Rookie
ICE FISHING GLOVES!
« on: Dec 13, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Has anyone tried or used the ARTIC ARMOR GLOVES!! Just wanted to know how they hold up!!

http://www.fish307.com

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ICE FISHING GLOVES!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2008, 01:34 PM »
they are my next purchase (have the suit and love it). I already had a pair of Ice Armor that are nice (had then before I got AA Suit). I have heard good things about arctic armor gloves

J-

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 04:34 PM »
I have some Ice Armor Exrtreme gloves that seem to be nice and warm.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008, 04:41 PM »
I am in the market for a new pair of ice fishing gloves. How much do the Ice Armour gloves run and wear can I get a pair?

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 12:28 PM »
I am in the market for a new pair of ice fishing gloves. How much do the Ice Armour gloves run and wear can I get a pair?

I got mine at cabelas and i think that they were about $30 bucks 3-4 years ago.

J-

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008, 04:19 PM »
nice, thanks man

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:12 PM »
I have the Ice Armour gloves and mittens along with the extreme mittens as well and swear by this line - never had an issue and they have always performed as advertised.

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2008, 07:24 PM »
yep Ice armor are excellent. ;D  I have two pair..one for fishing and one for work.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Yup!! The Ice Armours are good. Bought my first pair this year. Seem to work great!!!

Offline Iceman421

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Ice Armor Extreme gloves. I was just outside in 7 degree weather with 30 mph winds and I never even felt it on my hands. Nice zipper pocket on the back of the hand for hot packs too.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Ice Armors are super warm. I have a pair but I don't recommend dipping them in water, even though they are water proof. The outside seems to hold way too much water :(

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2008, 06:32 PM »
I finally got a pair yesterday from cabela's and I gotta tell you that when I went out tonight they were great.  They are waterproof for sure and warm to boot.  If they get really wet and freeze they get kinda stiff but they sure thaw out in a hurry.  Awesome gloves. :)

Offline Bsens07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:48 AM »
I have had a pair for 2 years.  IMHO, they are ok, my hands tend to sweat a lot in them plus they seem a little bulky.  The only true problem i had was the outside got wet from one of my holes and the gloves froze.  Had to have my friend take them off because i couldn't move my fingers.

Offline Doug D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Ice Armors are super warm. I have a pair but I don't recommend dipping them in water, even though they are water proof. The outside seems to hold way too much water :(
I love mine but I  forgot to bring my ice scoop to clean out the holes yesterday so decided to use my water proof ice armour gloves yeah they worked but the outside material held a lot of water and when I took them off they foze solid. I put them back on the inside was dry and fairly warm , after a few minutes the outside unthawed again.  Great gloves but don't use them to clean out your holes.

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:26 AM »
ive used mine for about a month now. for the money not really impressed. outer layer holds alot of water. hands never got wet but the waterin the glove and freezin was a pain. oversized for my taste. they have done what they say they would do.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:39 AM »
I have both sets use the heavy ones for the 4 wheeler & the  lighter ones while fishing. Hands stayed warm & DRY.  The outsides will get wet but as long my hands stay warm & dry I'm good to go.
Bob P.

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:09 PM »
i use the ice armor on the ice, snowblowing and riding the snowmobile............ cant beat them........that company doesnt make a bad product
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:27 PM »
i use the ice armor on the ice, snowblowing and riding the snowmobile............ cant beat them........that company doesnt make a bad product

I recieved a pair of Ice Armor Extreme gloves for Christmas and have been really satisfied with them.  The outer layer does abrorb water and freeze, but they seem to limber up after a little use.  Was using them out fishing in -27F and my finger tips were nice and toasty.  Just my $.02.

Offline woodfolks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:53 PM »
just bought some
will let you know fri

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:13 AM »
Hoping to get a pair and will let ya aqll know.I have old ice armour gloves and after a while they do get cold!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline woodfolks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:49 AM »
got mine at cabelas on sale

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:29 PM »
got mine at cabelas on sale

I have a set of Arctic Armor gloves. They are plenty warm. I bought X-Large size and they are still to tight. I would think they would be more comfortable if they weren't designed to fit snug.  I also don't like the short cuff. For me they don't parallel the suit and I think there are better gloves available.
Bruster

Offline jakjkl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • do I have something in my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I have had a pair for 2 years.  IMHO, they are ok, my hands tend to sweat a lot in them plus they seem a little bulky.  The only true problem i had was the outside got wet from one of my holes and the gloves froze.  Had to have my friend take them off because i couldn't move my fingers.
I found a trick fr the sweety hands, put a pair of latex gloves on first. They keep your gloves dry, plus your hands dont smell like fish, when you have been tearing em up all day.

Offline gowiejr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:36 PM »
I just bought the ice armor gloves and i already have a hole in the seam by the thumb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.