Author Topic: HT Arctic mitts??  (Read 2949 times)

Offline smoker9000

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can't wait for good ice
HT Arctic mitts??
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Any body have those HT Arctic Mitts looks like shingles on the out side? Just wondering how good they are too.
Tip Ups*
Jiggin Poles*
Sled*
Bucket*
Ice...
 Wheres the ICE!!!!!!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: HT Arctic mitts??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2006, 05:53 AM »
Any body have those HT Arctic Mitts looks like shingles on the out side? Just wondering how good they are too.

i dont personally, but i know the wizard and hali-man have them, they look like they work great and they seem to like them, they slip on and off very easy, and with the rubber shingle type outside they grip most anything. they just run up to there tip-ups, fling there hands and the gloves come right off, no worry of snow because the rubber makes them waterproof, and with the wool type liner it keeps your hands nice and toasty :tipup:

hali-man

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:25 AM »
i dont personally, but i know the wizard and hali-man have them, they look like they work great and they seem to like them

Yep- I like mine a lot.
They are loose-fitting (even with big hands) so I can wear a pair of thin gloves underneath them. And they fling off just as Arch described...
HIGHLY recommended!
 8)

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:22 AM »
can't beat them. i even wear mine in early spring and late fall in the boat. only problem is the liners don't seem to wear very good

hali-man

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement liners, which isn't a bad idea.
I've had mine for three years and they're about due.

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish....Therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:30 AM »
I just picked up a pair of the mittens Saturday, I hadn't seen them before. They are a lot more flexible than you might think. Haven't used them on the ice yet, but I have a hard time finding mittens to fit my paws, and these things seem great. Loose and warm and waterproof. Should be great once I make something to clip 'em on so I can whip 'em off and not lose 'em. And $10.00!!!!!!
If everyone who whined about the cold would move south, this would be a better place.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2006, 08:43 AM »
And $10.00!!!!!!

thats the best part, next time i see a pair, im grabbing them :tipup:

Offline smoker9000

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can't wait for good ice
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:35 PM »
 Sweet, I'd rather pay the 10bucks for those than the 25 for those clam gloves, thanks for the info
Tip Ups*
Jiggin Poles*
Sled*
Bucket*
Ice...
 Wheres the ICE!!!!!!

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2006, 08:54 AM »
They sell them at Wal-mart...doesn't seem like many people buy them either.  Probably skeptical about them, like I was before reading this.  I think I'll pick up a pair next time I go to Norwich.  They sound great for tip-up fishing, because you can take them off, tend to your flag, and get them back on easily.  I know my hands have gotten really cold after catching a fish on the tipup, and was only made worse by the fact that I couldn't get my hands back into my mittens to warm up because they were so numb.

-Zach

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Yep- I like mine a lot.
They are loose-fitting (even with big hands) so I can wear a pair of thin gloves underneath them. And they fling off just as Arch described...
HIGHLY recommended!
 8)

DITTO They work great!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.