Author Topic: New Arctic Armor suit by I.D.I. Gear  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
New Arctic Armor suit by I.D.I. Gear
« on: Oct 31, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I was looking at ice gear on FISH307's website and found this new suit. The features look pretty impressive on this suit, especially the bouyancy and warmth specs. It costs the same as Clam's blue suit, but the features look a lot better on this suit. Check it out, here's a link -->  Arctic Armor suit

They also make gloves --> Arctic Armor gloves
Ken                                          

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Arctic Armor suit by I.D.I. Gear
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2006, 03:05 PM »
i like that, i like the red better than the blue as well :tipup:

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2006, 04:46 PM »
The funny thing is, that suit looks identicle to the ice armour suit, except for the colour, they could have taken a moment to make a ew changes so there product stands out, other then that looks great

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Looks good to me.  Does Ice armor work as floatation/bouyancy too?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2006, 06:20 PM »
So, how about some opinions about this new suit vs. Mustang's Survival Suit ($365 on sale).  The specs on the Mustang suit are very impressive especially as regards floatation and survival time in cold water  (3-1/2 hours in 40 Degree water).

I took a "dip" last season and it was no fun --- almost didn't get out, and my snowmobile suit was no help at all -- it actually added to my weight once it got wet.  I don't plan any repeat performances, but if it should happen, I want to be sure I don't sink!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2006, 06:31 PM »
So, how about some opinions about this new suit vs. Mustang's Survival Suit ($365 on sale).  The specs on the Mustang suit are very impressive especially as regards floatation and survival time in cold water  (3-1/2 hours in 40 Degree water).

I took a "dip" last season and it was no fun --- almost didn't get out, and my snowmobile suit was no help at all -- it actually added to my weight once it got wet.  I don't plan any repeat performances, but if it should happen, I want to be sure I don't sink!

They(fish307) may be able to tell you more about it. The call is free  1-800-FISH307
Ken                                          

Offline Bwiddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Bought this suit recently and feel it is better than Clam's Ice Armor and X Armor. Everyone in my group has the original blue suit, except one guy who just purchased the Gray Suit. (due to me purchasing the Red Suit) The IDI Gear Suit is very similar to the blue one, except it has built in gators in the bibs to protect against any water/slush. Yesterday, I sat in my backyard for about an hour, temp was mid 10s, mild wind....no problems with being cold, but you'll want to use the two sets of draw-strings in the coat to block wind from going up your back. As far as sizes go...follow the chart on fish307's site. It is fairly accurate.

The Gray X Armor suit is ok too, but because the bibs are convertable to pants, you have to zip 'em twice. Also, the inner coat is a nice thought, but it makes the coat heavier and feel a little snug. Besides, I never have had any temp. issues when wearing a thermal long sleeve shirt, hoody and regular winter coat before. Then again, I have a shack and heater if things get real bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.