Author Topic: MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS  (Read 9460 times)

oakorchardfishking

MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS
« on: Jan 30, 2003, 08:27 AM »
JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAD ANY TIPS FOR CARE OF THESE BOOTS. I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH MY BUDDY TELLING HIM I GOT THEM. HE SAID COOL, YOU WILL LOVE THEM. WISH I STILL HAD MINE BUT THEY DRY ROTTED! I DONT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS, PLEASE PASS THEM ON. I ACCEPT OTHER TIPS TOO, MY TIP JAR ALWAYS HAS ROOM IN IT! ;D

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
Re: MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2003, 09:56 AM »
Don't know about tips, but I bought a pair this year for the first time. You will love them. First time in my life my feet never get cold on the ice.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Offline Smelt1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Run with the big dawgs,or stay on the porch!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2003, 01:50 PM »
Spray em down with silicon spray.Just the outside.Silicon will revitalize rubber which is what the MM boots are made of.
Bubba  

jdr

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2003, 02:20 PM »
Printed out what the mfg. reccomends for care.  Boots should be washed with soapy water both inside and out, wipe with a damp cloth and wipe off all remaining moisture before storing. Silicone sure helps, trick is to never let the sealed insulation get wet.
Hope this Helps!

These boots have been designed to protect you in sub-zero conditions and should be worn when temperatures of –20 F or below may occur.

Walking, running or heavy work for long periods will cause the feet to sweat.  However, this moisture cannot damage the insulation because of the waterproof rubber lining inside the boot.  The feet, even if damp, will stay warm.  After a few days, your feet become use to this feeling.  If these boots are worn continuously, the skin appears wrinkled and white as if it had been soaked in water.  Drying the feet and putting on dry clean socks will cause this condition to disappear.  If ice water spills into the boot, it warms to body temperature rapidly

Wear with one pair of Socks, Wool, Cushion Sole.  Fold the top of the sock over top of boot to prevent slipping and wrinkling of sock.  Field trousers are to be worn outside the boots.

SIZES: Boots are supplied in whole sizes.  Widths are Extra Narrow, Narrow, Regular, Wide, Extra Wide.  Try on the same size insulated boots as your leather boots.  If you wear a half size in leather boots, try on the next size larger boots for proper fit.  Make sure the insulated boots fir properly!  They have a “soft” fit.  Be sure yours are large enough.  Fit snug, but not tight.

The boot is double laced through the second eyelets.  Loosen laces and draw boot onto foot, seating the back of the heel firmly into the boot.  Pull laces tight above the second eyelet firmly to anchor the boot to the foot.  Lace rest of boot comfortably.  Fold or tuck fullness of gussetrearward on outerside of leg per instructions imprinted on the boot.  When doffing boot, loosen laces above the second eyelet, then complete by loosening laces directly below second eyelet.
Change Socks at least once daily

If your feet begin to get cold, button up all your garments and exercise the entire body by swinging the arms, stomping the feet, and rapid movement of the toes.

Wash the inside of the boots with soapy water once a month.

Repair all inside and outside punctures immediately with ordinary rubber patching to prevent moisture from wetting the sealed insulation.

The shelf on the heel holds ski and snowshoe bindings in place.

The air release valve on the outside of the boot equalizes air pressure at different altitudes.  To reduce boot swelling and foot discomfort, open the valve allowing pressure to escape.  Back at lower altitudes,  closeagain.  Be sure to keep closed, except while airborne, to eliminate moisture penetration.  DO NOT TAMPER WITH AIR VALVE. USE ONLY WHEN NEEDED!
www.ljtrading.com

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2003, 05:46 PM »
thats awesome! much appreciated! i was gonna go searching to see if i found anything like that, but i wanted to see if anyone had ideas. never expected a whole standard list. another reason why this site is so great. its the people that make it that way! ;D

snazi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2003, 06:12 PM »
I ArmorAll the outside of mine the beginning and end of every winter.  7 years going and they still look like new.

Offline icedriller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2003, 05:18 AM »
i have a ? how are these boots for walking  we have to walk a long ways to fish some spots and they don't allow atv's thanks

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2003, 05:55 AM »
i have noticed with mine from just walking to take the dog out,(have got to wear them fishing yet) that they are pretty heavy but you can get used to them. i have read though that some guys wear something else out there then change into the mickeys once they are in there hut or spot! i walk about a mile with the dog every night which is about avearge for what i walk fishing most places. didnt notice any tiring from that short of a walk but if you walk alot farther you might just want to throw them in your sled and change on the ice. good luck!!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.