Author Topic: Jet Sled Patch???  (Read 1114 times)

Offline salmon44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jet Sled Patch???
« on: Feb 18, 2008, 05:07 PM »
 Maybe someone has already asked this question before however, my jet sled has a hole in the bottom of it about the size of a coffee cup and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what is the best way to patch it?

Offline Popsicle

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jet Sled Patch???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2008, 06:53 PM »
   I would try using a piece of kids Crazy Carpet toboggan plastic. You can pop rivet it to the bottom but make sure to use small washers on the inside so they don't pull out.
   Adding three runners  1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch wide by 4 feet long will help prevent some of the pounding the sleigh takes.
   A piece of 1/4 inch ply in the bottom will also keep the auger and other gear from poking holes.
A bad day at the lake still beats armchair fishing.

Offline salmon44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I believe the hole was created by the auger bouncing around so the 1/4 inch plywood is a nice tip and I will be adding some runners.

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I did a quick patch at the beginning of the season using just a piece of fiberglass cloth and tubes of 2-ton epoxy. It's lasted this long but next year I think I'm going to glass the entire bottom using real resin then put the wooden runners on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.