Author Topic: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake  (Read 4120 times)

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:51 AM »
I just read your posts. I see you're just a rookie to ice fishing and started this year, sorry for being so hard on you. Stick with it though and I think you'll see how easy a place can get cleaned out with each person using 5 tip ups and easy access when you can walk, sled, or quad on the ice. It's a lot different then having to own a boat and using 1-2 rods during open water.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:56 AM »
So we pay taxes to the same. I own property in the hamlet of cranberry. Stay home? My house is 30 miles away and iv already fished cranberry more than you. And I'm not sure where you get off calling me a poacher? My entire start of this conversation was in a nice attempt to try to conserve a trophy pike lake, and hoping the dec would make better regulations to do just that. I certainly would not be keeping all the pike out of there. Take meaurements and stick them back down the hole. Eat the little ones

Thats generally what I do.   I like to catch fish, not clean and eat them...  I haven't caught one like this yet so I haven't had to make that decision to keep or release.  I've caught 9 fish this season (3 rainbows and 6 pike) and I've kept none of them, they all lived and went back down the hole.   I called you a poacher because when I posted these pics, I never thought of people coming in and trying to take over someone else's fishing site, thats nothing I'd ever do.   

Ya maybe you have fished Cranberry more times THIS SEASON than I have, I work full time 40-60 hours a week, my wife does the same, our kids are young and involved in basketball, wrestling, and skating so I have not had as much free time to fish as alot of others who live off the taxes I pay...  Not that you do, but alot of people do and then brag about how much they are on the ice...   

My intent with sharing these pics was for everyone to see some nice fish, not for people to come in and take over the lake.  I only fished occasionally in the winter until this season, I've been a snowmobiler for 20 years and wanted to get my kids into fishing so thats what we have been doing this season and last...   I've had my kids on the ice what I consider alot this season for a family as busy as us..   

Sorry for my attitude, If a moderator thinks this post should be deleted please, by all means delete it

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2013, 09:11 AM »
If you ever want to head towards the st law and wanna hammer walleye, lemme know, ill take ya out. Good luck up with cranberry this year and getting one of those for your wall

Offline The Reel Deal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Don't listen to the haters shanksyamaha, we kno it takes experience and persistence to land a beauty like that. Fishing is a sport to be shared anyway it always has been that way and thats exactly how it gets better. Good on ya and keep up the great work.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Thanks, I think most people who know Cranberry know there isn't a "hot spot"  You have to fish it alot to bring in anything.  100 people could setup in the same area and not have a flag all day.  There are not a ton of pike in there for the size of the lake, they are not easy to catch, and for every 10 people who get a big one on the hook, 1 will make it out on the ice......  Like I said, I wasn't there, I didn't take these pics.  They were shared time and time again on facebook and thought people here would like to see them, I know I appreciate a pic of someone else's big fish, and I don't go right out there and setup next to them just because they caught one, seams kinda ignorant to me...   
Hopefully others will just enjoy the pics, and not try and poach their way in, but I guess there are those types out there....   But rest assured, these guys don't necessarily fish right out the door of the shanty, thats just base camp, not necessarily the fishing hole and its very movable.....
Exactly, most people get excited over these pictures, go and fish there, get skunked and rarely return.  I love that lake and you definitely have to put your hours in.  Good luck, maybe I'll see some of you guys up there.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Alright fellas. I was at the hole when this was caught, as you can see my last name on the shanty. This was a hog, 27.4 lbs x 46" long. Not very happy that the pics made it all over facebook and shanty, but with a fish this huge it is going to get around very fast. Just to let everyone know the fishing has sucked all year. We have been fishing 5 days a week and were going on our 5th day without a single pike. To many people are keeping 10-18 pound fish for eaters which is completely retarded. Those are breeders, let em go. This fish went to the taxidermist the next day. We have fished the lake 5 days a week for the last 4 years and definitely put our time in, as this is the first we have caught over 20lbs and every other fish has gone back down the hole in the last 4 years, no matter if it was 4 lbs or 16 lbs. People are always going to come to cranberry in search of trophy pike, I hate to say it as a local but the secret has been out for the last 3 years, BUT theres only one way to keep these trophy pike in there and that is to practice a little Catch and Release and not keep everything. Treat the lake right and we could see these monsters many times a year. Or stay the hell home ;) ;)

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:29 PM »
also, I understand people are going to camp out now next to our shack but please have some respect, because this fish wasn't anywhere near the shack!!!

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake NY
« Reply #37 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:44 PM »
You brag about living 8 miles away, and yet have not fished it yet. And then post your buddies trophy fish with their shanty all over the internet blowing up their hotspot. If you were my friend, you would never be told where we were catching fish again, or be invited....I know from the names of the shanty, at least one of them is on ice shanty, and he didnt post these pics, I wonder why?

How do you think they will feel when they go to their permanent shanty this weekend and there are 50 out of towners posted up in front of it?

I wont post again, just something for you to think about.

ya thats what we are fearing now............ :-\ :'( but as anyone who knows us, we spread farther than man can see so dont think that was caught next to the shanty. Thanks for backing up our lake!!

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Outta towner checking in..... Me and all my buddies are gunna come up to 'Your' lake and steal all of 'Your' pike.... Thanks for letting us know where they are. We should have the lake fished out in about ... i dont know an hour or so......
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:04 PM »
haha good luck and enjoy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.