The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: road trip  (Read 1041 times)

Offline muleskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
road trip
« on: Feb 05, 2024, 04:12 AM »
Im looking to make a 2 1/2 hour trip out to Pittsfield Wednesday. the plan is to fish Wednesday spend the night and fish Thursday. I'm just wondering on the ice conditions in the area its a long drive just to find open water. a reply or pm would be greatly appreciated. and some company could be nice to.   
why yes, I'm not quite right thank you for noticing

Offline FishOn62

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoy the time.
Re: road trip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2024, 07:36 AM »
5 to 6 inches of ice on most bodies of water, been cold (teens) last few nights but going to get slightly warmer as the week goes on.  A few locations where thin around the edges so needed to plank on but people fishing main lakes; Onota, Pontousac, Cheshire, Ashmere.  Connect with Onota Boat Livery (plenty of bait and Ice gear) for latest conditions as they are very nice and will give you the latest they have.  413-442-1724.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2024, 08:43 PM »
If you find the lower elevation ponds a no go, try Ashfield pond , Plainfield pond , Windsor Pond , Buckley Dunton , Ashmere lake . All at high elevation and will have the most ice in that region.

Offline muleskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2024, 02:15 AM »
Thanks  for the info. I will plan accordingly. Ill update when I get back. Maby see yous out there,

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2024, 08:20 PM »
Nice to meet you out there!!! Good luck tomm
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline muleskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2024, 04:31 AM »
It was nice meeting you musky man. good trip out to the berks. first day I got there at 600 and fished till 500. 6" of solid ice And i got two smallies
about 8 groups out there. One jacknob decided to run his 4 wheeler around the traps. amazing big lake plenty of room and right around us I guess was the best spot to ride. 2nd day got there at 515 still dark fished till 2 one smallie. packed up for the ride home. well worth the ride.

thanks for the pm on conditions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.