The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Request thoughts about retiring the Gas Jiffy Lite  (Read 2818 times)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Re: Request thoughts about retiring the Gas Jiffy Lite
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Have you tried the Kovac Icemasters?  I broke some other ones, but have 3 of these.  They are made of steel and have held up well.

We have a short one like that we carry for back up but I want it to be at least 10-15 inches long so you don't have to bend over to start your hole.  Might not be as much of a problem with the longer Nills.  I think it is the length that allows them to load up and snap.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sub Zero Mafia Ice Team
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Ion (8”)every day. Jiffy 30 for 10” way I like to go. Especially for big tournaments. Way easier to land big fish with the bigger holes. 
 8” gassers are $100
10” auger shafts are $120 alone.

Offline Jig4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2018, 06:25 PM »
I think me and the propane jiffy are breaking up, she is a heavy girl, going to list it I think and go back to my hand drill

I am with rmoody ...breaking up with my Jiffy.    The new girl doesn't, smoke, smell, make much noise, is slim and requires little attention.   My only regret...she is promiscuous...and was told she easily hooks up with Mora, Nils, Lazers and K's too.   On the positive side ...her staying power will make her popular addition to any workshop or ice gathering.   She calls herself ... "Octane".   

Weight4 Ice2fishon

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2018, 10:06 AM »
You won't regret it. I was on the fence but it was the best decision. I fish so much more thoroughly now that I don't have to lug a big Jiffy around. I do miss the smell though.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline Gansett

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hi Neighbor !!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2018, 12:40 PM »
K Drill with the M18 Fuel was an absolute game changer. Zero regrets with getting rid of the Jiffy

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2018, 05:38 PM »
Same setup as Gansett. Sick!!! Makes an old man feel like a kid cutting holes for himself and other fishermen.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.