Author Topic: Catch cover ?  (Read 595 times)

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
Catch cover ?
« on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I was reading on the sportsmans guide that the catch cover they sell will take a standard 16 in bucket .
 I ordered mine from fish house supply ( haven't opened box yet ) anyone used a bucket with the catch cover ?
I'm assuming what the sportsman guide sells is different from a regular catch cover ?
Just got me thinking I'm sure someone knows . Can't fish so this is what the mind does !
---- Joe ----

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Catch cover ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:48 PM »
hey joe...i've got catch covers in mine and a bucket will fit into them but the ones i bought from menards (local box hardware store) just barely won't fall through.  they are literally about an 1/8 inch from falling through my pop up conversion.  i haven't had it out on the ice yet ( haven't quite finished the inside yet and the ice isn't thick enough yet) but i think i like the fact that there is about a 2 inch lip above the floor level on the bucket for the handle so you can't kick things in the hole without it going up and over that lip.

just my 2 cents

matt

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
Re: Catch cover ?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Matt,
  Thanks for the info . I was thinking the lip maybe a good thing . Hope to see some pictures of yours soon ! I still have a bunch of little stuff left on mine ( but it adds up ! )
Good luck this year !
---- Joe ----

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.