Author Topic: Funny Ice Shanty building story  (Read 1142 times)

captaincrappie

Funny Ice Shanty building story
« on: Feb 05, 2004, 06:20 PM »
My brother decided to build us a portable Ice Shanty so he won't get so cold Ice Fishing.  He's a wuss when it comes to being out in the cold but any way.  He built the ICe shanty out of plywood and a tarp and cut the doors out one on each side He thought we needed two escape doors if we needed to get out in a hurry.  Well he must of cut the doors out one day and assembled everything else the next.  Last night when he when to put the hinges on the doors and mount them, he could not find them.  He looked and looked for them and remembered the scrap wood that he cut up the night before must have been the doors.  At least he figured out what happened to the doors and had to make another trip to the lumber yard.  He told me about it tonignt on the phone and I couldn't stop laughing.  Hope the rest of you get a laugh out of this story.  Anyone else have a funny ICe Shanty building experience.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Funny Ice Shanty building story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2004, 07:20 PM »
a guy i used to work with confessed to me of building a shanty in his basement and having to disassemble
it to get it out :P

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2004, 08:57 PM »
Oh My God Scott...That is TOO FUNNY to believe...that is surely something I would do!!!!

Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2004, 09:01 PM »
a guy i used to work with confessed to me of building a shanty in his basement and having to disassemble
it to get it out :P
Ya, I'd blame it on a guy I worked with too. HaHa  ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.