Author Topic: Caveat Lector  (Read 1118 times)

Hermey

Caveat Lector
« on: Feb 04, 2004, 01:30 PM »
I hate to admit it, but I need to come clean.  While the Iceshanty site was down, I searched all over the Internet looking for other ice fishing forums to satisfy my addiction.

I happen to be in the market for my first electronics.  As such, I scoured all sorts of websites looking for opinions.  I came across a really large ice fishing forum at "Ice Leaders".  I read countless posts regarding flashers, and one thing became apparent.  EVERY post regarding flashers was responded to by a "Fishing MN Pro Staff" member.  And EVERY one of them recommended the Marcum flasher EVERY time.  Even when a Marcum owner would post a message indicating that they had a particular problem with their unit, the Pro Staff member would be johnny-on-the-spot to save Marcum's bacon.  I have no experience with Marcum, but I do have a problem with a forum passing off "rigged" information as unbiased opinion.

I have NEVER noticed this problem on Iceshanty.  Thanks for your objectivity!

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
Re: Caveat Lector
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2004, 01:39 PM »
I too go to that site from time to time.  I think part of the reason they recommend Marcum is that Marcum co-sponsors many of their contests.  They give them away as prizes.  It is too bad that there can't be more unbiased opinions.  Just my 2 cents.
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

Mudbug

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2004, 06:19 PM »
i noticed that too. it seems like they push many other types of equipment too. i call them Pro Sniffers. they're pros alright, just ask any one of them and they'll tell ya.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2004, 09:54 AM »
The next time you are in Ice Leaders site check out the Ice shanty gang board I think you get an honest opinion in there.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.