Author Topic: Marmish Line #  (Read 2471 times)

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Marmish Line #
« on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Just bought my first Marmish rod and a few jigs. :thumbsup: What line would work best? I am going to use it for panfish but may occasionally get a pickeral or larger fish. I was thinking of 2# or 3# Berkley Micro Ice or 2# Vanish. Anyone use the new Fireline Crystal 2#?

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
Re: Marmish Line #
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:45 AM »
maybe pm TGF or FISH-SLAYER  and ask them what they use.i know they both use the marmish. :)

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:58 AM »
I am a huge fan of the fireline crystal line.  It doesn't stretch like mono, and therefore is much more sensative with light jigs.  It is tough as nails as well.  I've lost a lot less jigs when pickerel hit my panfish jigs while using it.  I have the 3lb on my jigging rod, because it was the lightest i could find, but the diameter is still small on it.

Offline ChillerThriller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:03 PM »
just use 6 pound whatever. i just spool up with whatever i have lying around and it works. 13 inch perch bite on the 6 pound line so they arent line shy. its easier to see and tie knots with too.

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2008, 04:03 AM »
I think that the 3lb fireline has more backbone than most 6lb mono does!  The stuff is tough as nails, and won't break off nearly as easily if you hit a toothy fish while using it.  The diameter is hard to beat, sensativity is top notch, and its just stiff enough to easily thread through the eyes of jigs, even in the smaller sizes!

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Since my origional post I've bought another Marmish rod which I spooled with 4lb. Fluroclear. My other Marmish rod is spooled with 3lb. Micro Ice. I've had nothing but problems with Fireline during the summer and don't care for it. I do however have an ice rod spooled with 4lb. Crystal and use 10lb. Crystal for tip-ups. It is harder for pike to bite off a braided line. Thus far I like my Marmish rods, they are very fun to catch fish with.

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2008, 09:33 PM »
I agree Dkfry
I wont touch fireline during regular fishing for anything.
Through the ice though, it is a wonderful thing!  I use it for all my tip downs
now, for leaders on my tip ups, and all my micro jigging apps to detect the
slightest of hits. 

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2008, 12:14 PM »
For softwater I've been using the Suffix Braided line in Moss Green. The suffix is the best superline i've ever used. They braid it super tight and it is very round, not flat like fireline. Braided line is very nice for fishing in the weeds.

I'm going to try some 3lb. and 2lb. fireline crystal in the near future.

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2008, 03:16 PM »
i have two pound fireline crystal on mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.