Author Topic: lanterns  (Read 1498 times)

Bottom bouncer

lanterns
« on: Jan 20, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Just wondering if any one has noticed which lantern burns cleaner less fumes and more heat. I have both a single mantel Coleman that takes  the 1lb propane and a single mantel Coleman that runs on white gas or camp stove gas. I'm thinking about dragging out the old gas lantern to see if it gives off more heat F/ shack, but thought I'd save the hassle if it in just going to give me a headache in there . Thanks

galvanizednail

Re: lanterns
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2005, 10:57 PM »
there is a "HURRICANE" lantern aka the "BLIZZARD".its the biggest brightest railroad style lantern. its made by  DIETZ apparently nothing can blow it out and goes out automatically if tipped. run on lamp oil or kerosene. 12candlepower light and runs 26 hrs straight.
a company selling it is    leevalley.com
dont know if thats quite what your looking for but i might have to get one

Offline indybogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing,hunting and family the best things in life
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2005, 11:23 PM »
You probably won't see any difference in heat unless you go to a dual mantle lantern and even then it won't be much . And on the fumes I run a dual fuel Coleman with coleman fuel and have never noticed a problem. Hope this helps you have to really look at fuel consumption for B.T.U. more fuel more heat also more carbon monoxide. As a general rule if you light a lighter and the flame floats off and won't stay lit better let a little fresh air in.

Bottom bouncer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2005, 08:58 AM »
Thanks, if I remember I could just about run my single mantel all night on one fill. What can I expect to get out of the double mantel lantern? I'm needing an extra lantern and getting tired of those little propane bottles , seems like a lot of waste disposing all those little empties. Someone should be recycling those other than just F/scrap if that is even done.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I fished from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm in my trap scout with a duel mantle propane coleman.  It didnt get above 1 degree F all day and my shack was fine inside... I just cracked both windows a bit to let fresh air in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.