Author Topic: Eyoyo IR Illuminator upgrades  (Read 431 times)

Offline sinneD

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eyoyo IR Illuminator upgrades
« on: Nov 19, 2023, 09:27 PM »
I fabbed up a few replacement IR illuminators for my Eyoyo camera. I think it works well, well enough to maybe fab up a few and try to sell a few.

I am looking for some beta testers to try it and give me feedback.  I used it a few times on soft water and it seemed to work well.  Obviously, takeing apart the camera will void the warranty. I make no warranty claims and reassembling your camera to watertight is on you.

The original design is not well thought out. Notice how like only 1 or 2 LED's will glow faintly enough to see them? That is because they used 1 resistor behind a string of LED's. The first few LEDs gobble up the current and the ones at the end are starved. 

There are some small/tiny high output IR LEDS that I came across and some current limiters that just as small.  On a 12V system, its limited overall. By adding a buck-boost converted inline, I can boost the voltage and get some good output. 

You need to unscrew the retaining ring on the front and unmount the illuminator and replace it with my unit. It is not hard, but takes some care and precision.  Use some silicone grease to lube the o-ring and threads then reassemble the cover.

If you are interested and familiar with this sort of thing, please DM me.

Dennis

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eyoyo IR Illuminator upgrades
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2023, 05:52 AM »
I fabbed up a few replacement IR illuminators for my Eyoyo camera. I think it works well, well enough to maybe fab up a few and try to sell a few.

I am looking for some beta testers to try it and give me feedback.  I used it a few times on soft water and it seemed to work well.  Obviously, takeing apart the camera will void the warranty. I make no warranty claims and reassembling your camera to watertight is on you.

The original design is not well thought out. Notice how like only 1 or 2 LED's will glow faintly enough to see them? That is because they used 1 resistor behind a string of LED's. The first few LEDs gobble up the current and the ones at the end are starved. 

There are some small/tiny high output IR LEDS that I came across and some current limiters that just as small.  On a 12V system, its limited overall. By adding a buck-boost converted inline, I can boost the voltage and get some good output. 

You need to unscrew the retaining ring on the front and unmount the illuminator and replace it with my unit. It is not hard, but takes some care and precision.  Use some silicone grease to lube the o-ring and threads then reassemble the cover.

If you are interested and familiar with this sort of thing, please DM me.

Dennis
Should be very hard for our EYOYO camera users. Anyway, you can talk to us for more details if you like!
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.