Author Topic: Open water chat  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Open water chat
« on: Apr 03, 2003, 06:30 AM »
Please use this thread to chat during the summer months :'(

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

alaskabear

Re:Open water chat
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2003, 08:57 PM »
Ok...i see this area has been looked at 77 times, so i know there are people out there at least.  ;) I will be moving to the omaha area next week and want to try some fishing as soon as i get out there. The obvious place to try that i can see is the missouri river...but would like to maybe try some smaller lakes or rivers as well and i was wondering if anyone could give any suggestions. I'm in florida now, but am from NY. As my boat is winterized and set for winter, i will be stuck to shore fishing which is fine as i spent most of my life doing mostly the shore thing...(unless there was ice). Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, and company would be more than welcome. Thank you in advance for any help. bear

alaskabear

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2003, 09:01 AM »
Hello again everyone. I was reading over last years posts, and have a question. I see that a lot of you bounce around the bordering states of nebraska as well as locally. Doesn't it get expensive buying a couple out of state licenses as well as your in state? Or are the laws different out there? NY is so big with SOOO much water holding dozens of different species, that i never even had a thought of going out of state....so sounds a litle odd to me. Thanx for your reply in advance. bear

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2003, 09:58 PM »
Hey alaskabear,

Let me know when you get settled in and I can get you hooked up on where to go.  Right now, our lakes are hurting for water.  I do a bunch of out of state fishing myself(mainly KS).  It can get pricey buying permits by the day, I just get a year permit most of the time.  There is a bunch of lakes around the Omaha-Lincoln area that offer up decent Ice fishing.  I know quite a few people out that way that I can get you hooked up with.  I live in the South-Central part of the state.  I have access to about 10 lakes that are within 1-2 hr away.  All of them are good lakes, just low on water right now.  Let me know when you get to Omaha.  Email me at [email protected] .

Have a safe trip,

Greg

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

alaskabear

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2003, 07:09 AM »
Hello greg. Thanx for replying and i will be taking you up on that when i get out there....3 more days now!! Looking forward to the ice fishing too. Thanx again and i'll talk to ya soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.