Author Topic: Crazy things you did on the ice?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
Crazy things you did on the ice?
« on: Sep 11, 2011, 12:25 PM »
What are the crazyest things you have done on the ice or do? Or things other people have done or do? I got a new surplus Russian military helmet, brought it out to show my friend whos shanty is next to mine. And i am wearing it and two snowmobilers come up to us to ask us which way to Paugus Bay. And we tell them where to go but i thought that they thought that ice fishermen were a bit  :cookoo:.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
Re: Crazy things you did on the ice?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2011, 12:45 PM »
hahahahhahahhaha too funny! i have never really done anything crazy but we like to have fun on the ice,if you have ever played the bean bag game at a bbq or heard of cornhole boards,we play that on the ice! we found a tennis ball on the ice one day and me and my buddy started playing bag toss with our ice holes and this tennis ball about 15 ft apart.. the tennis ball still sits in my bucket today!

Offline HooKEDUP24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Chip & putt golf

Gonna bring a frisbee out this year.

I run around to keep the extremities warm...I'm sure some people watching think i am crazy.
Ice Fishing Marathoner

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Taken a dump,    j/k lol

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Yes sir, cornhole boards,weve set up three par 3's for golf,and have a hawian/beach party every season.We sometimes run the sleds and quads over open areas or jumps but this is on a closed course by professional drivers naturally.

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:49 PM »
me and my buddy always enjoyed frozen perch toss. or we drill a half hole and see who can make it in from the farthest back

Offline Ty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2011, 02:06 PM »
waterskipping is always a blast, even pulled a waterskier across open water before.

and beersbee is always fun too.

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Never done anything to crazy. Built a bon fire on the ice with a propane torch one time, that was cool.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2011, 02:58 PM »
tried my kayak sail on my Smitty sled to much slush worked in driveway plastic horseshoes
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2011, 03:41 PM »
A girl I used to date 20 years ago bought me a new shanty for Christmas.  So we took it out on the ice and set it up.  Her Dad and brother set up 75 yards away from us.  We fired up the Coleman lantern.  The fishing was slow that evening so we decided to "Fool Around" in the privacy of my new shanty.  After 20 minutes her Dad walked across the ice to inform us that the Coleman lantern was broadcasting our shadow outline against the canopy of the shack and the whole lake could see what we were doing!  :o :o :o ;D
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2011, 04:23 PM »
A girl I used to date 20 years ago bought me a new shanty for Christmas.  So we took it out on the ice and set it up.  Her Dad and brother set up 75 yards away from us.  We fired up the Coleman lantern.  The fishing was slow that evening so we decided to "Fool Around" in the privacy of my new shanty.  After 20 minutes her Dad walked across the ice to inform us that the Coleman lantern was broadcasting our shadow outline against the canopy of the shack and the whole lake could see what we were doing!  :o :o :o ;D

;D  Thats one advantage of a hardside... 

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2011, 04:31 PM »
;D  Thats one advantage of a hardside... 

Sure is.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Usually the old tie a bottle to the tip up trick, spool out 15 yards of line, reset it, and tie some thin mono to the flag. When they come back from a beer run, bathroom break or whatever, pull the line and act innocent. Give them the old 'wait 5 minutes before setting the hook, he might be swimming to the hole, maybe he spit the hook', and when they hit the weight when they get the slack pulled up, its game on! 

Offline minger1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2011, 07:54 PM »
minnowhead that is a great story thanks for the laugh

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Had a weekend party on Little Bay De Noc several years ago, stayed in a camper we dragged on the ice for a weekend. 

We didn't get there until late on a friday night, so we weren't to crazy that night, but Saturday we started hammering beers and other varieties of intoxicating beverages, I got the bright idea of doing minnow shots, a double+ shot of whatever with at least 1 minnow in it.  I think I did one with beer and 3 small emerald shiners in it. 

Something about getting a group of guys together and booze involved, something retarded is bound to happen. ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.