Author Topic: Help! Underwater camera died... uggh.  (Read 406 times)

Offline dryan117

• IceShanty Rookie
Help! Underwater camera died... uggh.
« on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Hello hardwater fans!  I am fishing in a tourney this weekend and my cousin asked me to bring my underwater camera.   It is a Cabelas VS350 from 2005 ish.  Black and white CRT.   Of course I bought a new battery and the screen was flickering, then smoke, then dead dead dead.    I am headed out tomorrow to buy a new underwater camera, but thought I would check in on what everyone is buying nowadays.    I see a few at the 300 dollar price point that seem ok.  What should I buy?  DVR, Color, LCD?  LiON batteries?  I live near a cabelas and a bass pro so I can go to either.    looking for advice/recommendations.  Already have a flasher so the camera is really just a extra.

Dan

Offline Wavemaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help! Underwater camera died... uggh.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:42 PM »
I’m on my second season with the marcum reacon. Like the smaller size and you can buy a camera mount and attach it to your flasher for “double vision”. Could be a little hard to see if you plan on using it outside the shack but I think that would be the same with most cameras.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:44 PM »
I had one. Didn't last very long. The cameras are junk. I got my money back from Cabela's and bought a Marcum. More money, but it works.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:14 PM »
i had one also, for one day. took it back. was not what i expected.
because you are used to that type/size of unit i would say get another full size. look at marcums line up. if you want micro systems, then aqua-vu and marcum make those.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.