The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Beach Hill Pond in Otis  (Read 1171 times)

Offline togueking1

• IceShanty Rookie
Beach Hill Pond in Otis
« on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of trying Beach Hill Pond in Otis next week-end. Has anyone here fished it before? If so, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. I've never fished it, but would like to catch a few togue. I know where the landing is. Can you drive on the lake there if the ice is think enough? Or is there another place on the lake you can get a truck on? Also, any tips of where/how to fish the lake would be helpful.
I fish in the downeast area, so if anyone needs any info about lakes in my area I'd be glad to help. Thanks.

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Beach Hill Pond in Otis
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:36 PM »
only thing i could find on it on the state website was the following link http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/regional_information/region_c.htm  that just mentions that they have stocked it with touge

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I haven't been there this year, but I wouldn't drive on it until I had checked the ice. Out in the middle there is a current and it freezes there last. A good place to fish is right off the landing. It starts to drop off about 200' to the north toward shoolhouse point. 18' to 60' real quick. I fished on the western shore about a 1/4 mile up from the landing and caught some togue and salmon in 15' of water. There's plenty of small touge.
Steve

Offline edp13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2008, 06:01 PM »
again i wouldn't drive on it unless i had checked it out first. last year we fished just to the north of the launch and we did all right with the small touge. we didn;t catch anything to right home about though
Slaying fish on the hard water

Offline 5flagsAflyN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Going fishing at Beech Hill myself on Sunday 1/27. I also live in the Down East area  :Harrington: Monday I'll try to post ice conditions and catch amounts.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:19 PM »
welcome 5flagaflyn :tipup:

lot of small togue for sure. i'll be in the area sunday too.  i'll be going for a wall mounter.... so i wont be on that pond ;)

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Welcome to the shanty 5flags. Now make 2 more posts and then to pm's. My fam is in Harrington. Tell Uncle Ron I said Hi!
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline 5flagsAflyN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes. A lot of usefull info on here, this is a great place. Oh, and fiddlehead if I see your uncle Ron I WILL say hi.  :)  Good luck fishing to everyone.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I'm heading for Green tomorrow with my shack. It's white and looks like it could fit in back of a pick-up. It also has some green limbs painted on it's side. Stop by for a visit and tell me what I'm doing wrong. ;D

Is anybody else fishing there yet?
Steve

Offline togueking1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Thank you everyone for the usful information. It is much appreciated. Again, I fish in the downeast area a lot, so if anyone needs information on the lakes/fishing down this way, don't be afraid to ask.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.