The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: HOLEY S***!  (Read 1281 times)

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: HOLEY S***!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:22 PM »
I dont know wether to laugh or to feel bad for them. 500 people were stuck???? They had to lay down sheets of plywood to get out to the good ice??????? Some times you just need to wait till spring. But how do you get that many people together and noone thought maybe we should not be doing this?

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:03 PM »
They are still out there!

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:51 PM »
"The U.S. Coast Guard told FOX News Channel that all fishermen are now accounted for."

I took this to mean they had been rescued. I went to the local fox news page and found it.

I wasnt trying to sound insensitive though. I just dont need to be going fishing myself if you need to be laying sheets of plywood acrossed the ice to get there. I am sorry but Would you do it? I would just guess that the answer would be no. Common sense can play a big factor in fishing safely. One man dead and how much money spent to rescue these people for them being someplace where it sounds like some at least should not have been there in the first place. I find it hard to believe that many people had walked over plywood to get there though so some good ice had to of broken free also. So I guess who knows. Either way what a scary ordeal.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:53 PM »
150 people were rescued and they coastguard is doing an aerial survey of the ice flow to make sure there are no other people out there.

I have to agree with the sheriff...all of those people should have gotten arrested!!!  IDIOTS!

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2009, 06:19 PM »
LOL
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,6521,00.html#3_0
CLik this link,then the story link, then the pic of the snowmobile labled rescue,its a video of the stranded,watch the guy get off the fanboat,he rescued his FISHFINDER!!!

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:49 PM »
I would have just kept fishing until the wind changed and pushed the ice sheet back.

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:08 PM »
 It happens almost every year, and if the the fish er biting I'd be a dip and stuck out there too. Sometimes it just breaks off without warning, my fishing partner that now lives here from there has seen it happen.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:54 PM »
That is when you dont want to be the tuff guy to take the polar bear plunge.
l

Offline Will_hunt_4_food

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Now that is what I call trolling for walleyes!!!  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.