The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Team IceShanty Montana WINS BIG!!!!!!!!  (Read 7576 times)

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: Team IceShanty Montana WINS BIG!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Kind of made it sound like you all met on an internet dating site. ;D

Had to get a jab in since I couldnt go fishing this weekend.

Aren't you Witty 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Townsend Star ran the article in this weeks paper.  MUCH better then the IR's story, they actually had stats from the full weekends events. thats pretty much all they had, but at least they got our team name right,  Team Ice Shanty Montana.  and they said we met over the internet... Didn't actually mention iceshanty.com but hopefully people can put 2 and 2 together and find the site. 

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Did they give names for those that won in the youth division on Saturday?  Can't find the story online.  Haven't seen any winnings in the mail yet, but can't beleive the neighbors 0.87 pound fish didn't finish in the top 5 in the kids division.  I will try to pick up a copy somewhere here in Helena if they sell them here.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Here's the Townsend article.....

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Did they give names for those that won in the youth division on Saturday?  Can't find the story online.  Haven't seen any winnings in the mail yet, but can't beleive the neighbors 0.87 pound fish didn't finish in the top 5 in the kids division.  I will try to pick up a copy somewhere here in Helena if they sell them here.
Your neighbor kids dad isn't named Joe is it?

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Your neighbor kids dad isn't named Joe is it?

Close - his dad's name is Jay Bodner.  The picture of the kids doesn't include Anthony though (says it's him but it isn't - we all left early to get back to Helena for a bball game.  It's kind of a shame that Anthony caught the biggest fish of the day including the adults, but only won $60 while the adult winner collected over $1100.  Fair?  My three boys all took home some nice door prizes, so can't complain about that!  Thanks to the many sponsors who put on the tournament and donate prizes for the kids.

Offline fishinforpigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm all for the biggest fish takin the money. The IR completely left out the fourth person on the second place team who happens to be my dad. He was pretty bummed. Well done to the Townsend Star though, amazing the quality that you can get from the small town papers. I havn't picked up the Belgrade paper yet this week, but the story should be in it. At any rate, the statement " the mercury practically crawled out the bottom of the thermometer" from the townsend paper says it all. I still can't fell the tip of one finger

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Congrats fellas!!  any of you guys gonna come up for the Lake Francis Derby on Feb 14th..... we'll see how many of you wear the pants in your houses and can get on the water on Valentines Day.  No teams in this one but it would be fun anyways. 
l

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #38 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Congrats fellas!!  any of you guys gonna come up for the Lake Francis Derby on Feb 14th..... we'll see how many of you wear the pants in your houses and can get on the water on Valentines Day.  No teams in this one but it would be fun anyways. 

Just asked my wife about it last night, I didn't get an answer,  must mean she's thinking about it.  All I got was a mighty scary glare... I hope she says yes.  just kidding... I'm afraid 2 years in a row, can't make this one.  Good luck to everyone though!!! Go Team Ice Shanty Montana!!!!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:59 AM »

Is there a lot of people at this derby?  I was going to the derby at Lake Mary Ronan, but the Lake Francis derby might be a good beer bust.  Looks like a 12 hour derby.  Where do we sign up for this ahead of time?
wish you many hook-ups

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:19 AM »
We usually sign up for this one at the conoco in Valier, or at the fire department villa at the lake that morning.  Ice Freek and I will be going up there on Friday night and ling/ walleye fishing through the night then the derby during the day.  We have gone up the this tourney the last couple years and it is always a good time.  only cost $10 but they always have some great prizes, (augers, Ice houses, tip up sets, gift certificates)  not a big money tourney like the one you guys won last week but it is definately one helluva good time.... look forward to it every year.
l

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Just asked my wife about it last night, I didn't get an answer,  must mean she's thinking about it.  All I got was a mighty scary glare... I hope she says yes.  just kidding... I'm afraid 2 years in a row, can't make this one.  Good luck to everyone though!!! Go Team Ice Shanty Montana!!!!

Just pick up some flowers on the way home from the derby........ works every time...almost!!!!
l

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #42 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Flowers die, buy chocolates, you can see the results for years to come.   :laugh:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline fishinforpigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Not going to make this one either. Use your imagination and you can come up with the exact location to which my better half has the leash attached. I wish team ice shanty Montana good luck in this outing though and hopefully we can bring home another victory.

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:44 PM »
i dont think Ice Freek even has a leash... she just hangs on to the tip.  somehow he gets to go to this one though................ ..for now (until she finds out he is going)
l

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I'm not even going to say anything to give you more fire power. I can't wait until you have kids!

Offline fishinforpigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Hey Hof, sounds like you might have hit freek on a sore spot.... heres to good fishin and tight lines and good luck at the tourney

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:41 PM »
You guys have to remember one important thing in marriage.  It is far better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission to go on a fishing trip. ;D

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:51 AM »
He is just mad because I can't always do things at the drop of a hat, or I have to leave the lake at a certain time because I have to pick up the kids. I can't wait to go up there for three days to "get away" and probably get whiskey drunk too! If any Team Montana guys are up there you should find us you wont stop laughing the whole time!

Offline WapitiBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Congrats to team Montana ;D IT was brutal on Saturday, but you guys persevered and stayed for another day and it paid off, literally. Good Job!  :)

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:37 PM »
WapitiBob, Thanks for the congrats.  It was brutal on Saturday.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #51 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:30 PM »
The Hungry Horse News has an article (if you want to call it that) and our Picture in today's paper.  The title is "C-Falls anglers win Pike Derby"...what the H E Double Hockey sticks are they smoking!!!  They got our team name wrong, they did get stats right...kinda....

My confidence in News Paper people is completely shot!!!   The Townsend Star got it right and they are the smallest paper....I just don't get it!

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #52 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Wow, I've never even seen a pike on ice before!   ;D ;D would love to catch one some day, but thats another story.  You should write em a letter to the editor.  Sure they were talking about the right guys????  I know the feeling of being let down by your home town paper. 

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #53 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Wow, I've never even seen a pike on ice before!   ;D ;D would love to catch one some day, but thats another story.  You should write em a letter to the editor.  Sure they were talking about the right guys????

Our picture is there and the reference the tourney as the Lions club Perch derby multiple times within 2" of the title....crazy man...

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #54 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Here's the link to the Townsend Star's LAST YEAR 2008 Tourney Results.  Looks like on the team day, the top 3 teams limited out.
http://www.townsendstar.net/TS_1_31_08/xhtml/news.html

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #55 on: Feb 06, 2009, 12:06 PM »
finally posted on there website,  here's this years story...

http://www.townsendstar.net/xhtml/news.html#anchor3

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.