Author Topic: X2 Power Lithium Iron Phosphate battery  (Read 5331 times)

Offline MNMountainMan

• IceShanty Rookie
X2 Power Lithium Iron Phosphate battery
« on: Dec 16, 2016, 12:30 AM »
So I found two of these batteries for real cheap at Batteries Plus the other day, and I can't find *ANYTHING* online about them. Their website doesn't even have anything on them!

XLFP12-7F2
12V 7Ah 84Wh

How do I charge this battery?
What are the safety considerations when using/charging this battery?

I just want to use them for the Vexilar and for a light box that I am building, but I guess I can't use my lead-acid battery charger?
I'd post a pic on here but I don't know how...

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
Re: X2 Power Lithium Iron Phosphate battery
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:50 AM »
I've google the heck out of it, but can't even find the battery you are talking about.  Link?

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Look on the rapala site, they sell a similar one and a special charger.  Is that the same?

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:16 PM »
That sounds weird, a lithium iron battery with the same physical dimensions as the OEM SLA should be at least 9ah or more. Plus they're expensive, minimum 100 bucks. A 1/3 the weight though, i'm currently looking for one myself.
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 09:55 AM »
I did find them on their web site with info and they do need a special charger
Bob P.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2016, 04:02 PM »
A regular SLA charger will work but will only charge them to about 75 to 80%. That being said, that battery at 75% will last at least as long or longer than a standard 9ah SLA battery.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline Maizen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • live in Canton Mich grew up on clarklake
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2016, 07:50 PM »
I got 2 of these http://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com/ to try for my elite 5

Offline MNMountainMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:29 PM »
I've google the heck out of it, but can't even find the battery you are talking about.  Link?

I can't find *ANYTHING* on the internet about this exact battery. I even called Batteries Plus HQ and they didn't know anything...

The internet knows nothing about this specific battery, which is crazy.

Offline MNMountainMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:36 PM »
That sounds weird, a lithium iron battery with the same physical dimensions as the OEM SLA should be at least 9ah or more. Plus they're expensive, minimum 100 bucks. A 1/3 the weight though, i'm currently looking for one myself.

The Ice Force battery at Rapala looks and sounds kind of similar, but mine have a mini-blade fuse on the side of the cover and there is a little four prong connector next to the fuse.

These are super light- I picked one up and I thought it was a display model- you know, without the guts! Nope, these are real batteries!

I think the smaller Ah is because they should last so much longer than a SLA?

The story goes that a guy ordered a bunch of these at a store an hour up the road, and then returned them to a different store. The lady at the store asked me to let her know how they work for me, because she didn't know much about them!

Offline MNMountainMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:42 PM »
I did find them on their web site with info and they do need a special charger

Hmmm.... I couldn't find this exact battery on their website, and the lady at HQ couldn't either. She kept asking me what the application was... and that these batteries were not specified for that application. SMH

Now she sent me a data sheet on it- but it still doesn't tell me what I want to know. In this battery there should be a circuit board that allows the use of a regular lead-acid battery charger into working with it, but she couldn't tell me that.

Offline MNMountainMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:57 PM »
Take a look at this battery.
http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF-12v-4.5ah.htm

And looking at what they say about this battery leads me to believe that I can use an SLA charger with these XLFP12-7F2.

I'd post a pic of these but I can't seem to figure out how to do that!

A regular SLA charger will work but will only charge them to about 75 to 80%. That being said, that battery at 75% will last at least as long or longer than a standard 9ah SLA battery.

How does that work? Can you point me in a direction of where to find that info so I can look further into it?

I basically stole these batteries because they didn't know anything about them at the store.

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2016, 10:43 PM »

Those are the proper LiFeP04 batteries for the Vexilar FL flasher units.

MountainMan, are you talking batteries for the Vex FL units or something else??? The physical dimensions for Vex FL batteries are a generic
L=5.96 W=2.56 and H=3.56 and there's no room for wiggle she's a tight fit in these units. (you can go smaller obviously but that wouldn't make any sense) For a lithium iron battery you need a lithium iron battery charger, it's actually a two step charger and anything else will probably just wreck it or shorten the life span.
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:47 AM »
Check this company out.  Good reviews and I found what looks to be an independent discharge test/graph indicating that the 20Ah battery actually had 19.88Ah.  My Shorai 36 model is 36Ah pb equiv.  In reality it probably is more like a 9-10Ah.  The shorai is more of a starting battery providing 650CCA.  Bioenno has deep cycle as well as starting lifepo batteries.

https://www.bioennopower.com/collections/12v-series-lifepo4-batteries

I'll have a 20Ah one in a few days and do my own discharge test.  Like someone above said, you have to have a special charger for LiFePo batteries to get the full charge.  My battery tenders only bring the SLA batteries to 13.2ish volts.  LiFePo needs to charge to 14.6 to get the full Ah's.  Charging with the battery tender would be fine, but I'd only get 75% of the full charge.

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:49 AM »

I have the same battery running my marcum for the last 2 years. be sure to buy the correct charger. You don't want to over charge any lithium battery it will damage the battery or worst start a fire.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Take a look at this battery.
http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF-12v-4.5ah.htm

Price of this batt. is only 60 bucks. I am on my third year and it has never gone dead in my trips.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2016, 03:13 PM »
I bought one of these last year for my LX9. It will run my machine for two full days! I bought a Genius 3500 charger for it and it works good. The only thing I did was to cut the plug off of the original charger and make a little pigtail so that I don't have to take the battery out of the machine's case to charge with the big alligator clips on the Genius charger.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:40 PM »
I bought one of these last year for my LX9. It will run my machine for two full days! I bought a Genius 3500 charger for it and it works good. The only thing I did was to cut the plug off of the original charger and make a little pigtail so that I don't have to take the battery out of the machine's case to charge with the big alligator clips on the Genius charger.

Did you get the 7 ah or the 9?

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 22, 2016, 11:04 AM »
This battery it's 10 Ah. It's lighter than the old lead acid batteries by quite a bit too. I'm never going back I can tell you.
http://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.