Author Topic: Lets talk flip over mods!!  (Read 11896 times)

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lets talk flip over mods!!
« on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:22 PM »
I hear ya'...ever since Muskyon46 started posting his sleeper shanty photos and pulling together details for the Henry's lake trip, I have struggled to focus at work. Especially since have a direct view of the snow-capped mountains around Salt Lake.  Got a new flip over in-hand and assembling...already spooled fresh line on all of the reels....bugged the guys at Sportsman's Warehouse a half dozen times complaining that their ice fishing stuff isn't out on the floor yet....oh, and yes bugging my wife incessantly about all the plans for this season.

Bring on the cold!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
Re: Lets talk flip over mods!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Got the bug bad ! Finally found a new flip today at Cabelas. Everyone is slow to get their ice gear on display this year. I checked stock online at Cabelas and Bass Pro and came up with Out of stock. So was surprised to find one today at Lehi Cabelas. Now to get it ready !

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Sorry to spread my icesanity so early, ya right. Lol. I know you all have by the time the 1st snow caps them peaks. Regrettably I have it all great long  :cookoo: :cookoo: Did you end up with the x200 you were looking for Gale?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Sorry to spread my icesanity so early, ya right. Lol. I know you all have by the time the 1st snow caps them peaks. Regrettably I have it all great long  :cookoo: :cookoo: Did you end up with the x200 you were looking for Gale?
Yes I did end up with a X200 Pro which means it is the same as the X 200 and came with runners and a travel cover. Thing is big and heavy but I’m going to love it.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Oh crap, we're going to be twin'ers out there now just like joe and skyler with their otters. Lol.  They need some competition anyways and we'll bring it with the clams. If your going to do a deck on it I would recommend going they way skyler did which im sure he'll post some pics soon and make us all jealous. I really like his wider sides almost makes me want to redo mine
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2018, 02:00 PM »
 No we get to name you guys after the Smurfs.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:38 AM »
Oh crap, we're going to be twin'ers out there now just like joe and skyler with their otters. Lol.  They need some competition anyways and we'll bring it with the clams. If your going to do a deck on it I would recommend going they way skyler did which im sure he'll post some pics soon and make us all jealous. I really like his wider sides almost makes me want to redo mine
I do plan to add a deck..how was Skyler able to make it wider ? Also did you use 1/2 inch 5/8 or 3/4 ply for your deck ?
No we get to name you guys after the Smurfs.
We do need to keep the neighborhood balanced ya know Joe!Hows the leg/Hip doing ? I think I might be able to take you in a foot race now...lol

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Papa Smurf, The leg is getting better with every day that passes. I am getting ready to build a bunch of new jigs and plastics next week. I needed something to do, so I ordered some new molds for making them. I should have some good stuff to share with you guys that will leave the fish totally defenseless. Looking forward to seeing all of the great designs that you guys come up with on the new tents!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:04 PM »
Sky didn't make the tent wider just his side pieces on the deck. His access door to the sled is smaller width and length than what I went with. Made it nicer to add accessories to the deck. Im sure he'll post a pic eventually or he may be holding out to unveil everything at Henry's. Looking forward to seeing/ using some of those new plastics/ heads your messing with joe
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2018, 08:45 PM »
I am thinking about building a drawer under the decking that actually comes out into the tent through the sidewall of the sled. That way, you can have access to stuff like rods, reels and tackle without disturbing the mattress and bedding on top. Similar to a Pack Rat tool box in the bed of a truck. What do you guys think about that? Any ideas on design?

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Here's a thought Joe - just head on up to Minnesota and pick this baby up.  2018 Homemade 7x16

Everything you want or need in an ice house and more.  You'll be the envy of all ice fisherman west of the Mississippi River.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:56 AM »
I think he may have already purchased an ice castle type trailer there that has more bells and whistles than that

Some guys just have to have all the toys
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Thanks Matt, I think I understand the width deal now. Did he extend just into the tent area? I think that an extra 3 inches or so could be gained there.
I am thinking about building a drawer under the decking that actually comes out into the tent through the sidewall of the sled. That way, you can have access to stuff like rods, reels and tackle without disturbing the mattress and bedding on top. Similar to a Pack Rat tool box in the bed of a truck. What do you guys think about that? Any ideas on design?
Joe that drawer idea sounds good. I would be a little hesitant Cutting into the sidewalls of my sled . Dragging it through slush might present a leaking problem. I’m thinking that raising the deck about four inches or so would work better for me. The higher the seat the easier it is getting up for these old knees lol. You would then need to open the access door and pull the drawer out to get to stuff in the bottom of the sled. You would really end up with a lot less clutter on the deck.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:05 AM »
https://www.pleasurelandrv.com/product/used-2015-crossroads-rv-ice-seeker-18vn-295298-8
You are too late Bob. ;D About three years ago, I drove out to the very same dealer and bought this one. I must say that I do enjoy it in certain situations! Nothing wrong with watching a good Clint Eastwood movie while chasing tip up flags for walleye.  I still wish you guys would give me some insight on a drawer underneath the deck of my sled... :whistle:

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Thanks Matt, I think I understand the width deal now. Did he extend just into the tent area? I think that an extra 3 inches or so could be gained there. Joe that drawer idea sounds good. I would be a little hesitant Cutting into the sidewalls of my sled . Dragging it through slush might present a leaking problem. I’m thinking that raising the deck about four inches or so would work better for me. The higher the seat the easier it is getting up for these old knees lol. You would then need to open the access door and pull the drawer out to get to stuff in the bottom of the sled. You would really end up with a lot less clutter on the deck.
Good stuff right there! I totally agree with the idea of raising things up a bit. Thanks! Keep them coming.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:34 AM »
I think he may have already purchased an ice castle type trailer there that has more bells and whistles than that

Some guys just have to have all the toys
Well Matt you do know that “ he who dies with the most wins “ lol

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Thanks Matt, I think I understand the width deal now. Did he extend just into the tent area? I think that an extra 3 inches or so could be gained there. Joe that drawer idea sounds good. I would be a little hesitant Cutting into the sidewalls of my sled . Dragging it through slush might present a leaking problem. I’m thinking that raising the deck about four inches or so would work better for me. The higher the seat the easier it is getting up for these old knees lol. You would then need to open the access door and pull the drawer out to get to stuff in the bottom of the sled. You would really end up with a lot less clutter on the deck.

Here's a little preview of sky's deck and I agree with what Gale said on the drawer. I dont think I would want any water/slush getting in there and theres the whole thing with opening it when you have stuff set up in front of the tub????

Compared to mine, you can see how much nicer the wider sides are. Just need to leave enough room to get gear in and out

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Well Matt you do know that “ he who dies with the most wins “ lol

Well we better quit hanging out with Joe or none of us will ever win  :roflmao: :roflmao: JK Joe you know your the best
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:24 PM »
 You guys are great! Thanks for all of the pictures Matt! Just an update on my physical condition. I am able to walk without a cane and only use one as needed. Drove my suburban for the first time today. I am optimistic that I will be able to make the Henry’s lake trip with no problems. Thanks for giving me something to shoot for as far as recovery goals are  concerned!  Back on topic for this thread, how are the Uintah lakes looking? Won’t be long!

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #19 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:59 PM »
New to posting pictures.  So here is the otter and new wheeler for dragging the heavy thing

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Thanks for all the pictures guys, lots of good ideas to work from. Now to get busy !

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:32 PM »
I really like that wheeler set up too!

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2018, 11:38 PM »
Man, looking good guys! I definitely need to catch up. Haven't even got the new flip over assembled yet, been too busy. Should be able to get it done by the weekend so I can then start figuring out the layout of the platform and accessories.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 30, 2018, 12:24 AM »
Man, looking good guys! I definitely need to catch up. Haven't even got the new flip over assembled yet, been too busy. Should be able to get it done by the weekend so I can then start figuring out the layout of the platform and accessories.
I’m glad to see the platform idea has taken off. We met a guy on flaming gorge several years ago that had one.   Who was that guy Matt? Seems like we met him up the Green River arm. He was the one that I originally took the idea from and ran with. Definitely love it for overnight trips.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Oct 30, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Looking good Skyler, although I've seen it in person and pics dont do either much justice, especially the stance on that wheeler with the tracks on it. That thing has some serious ground clearance with them on. You know Joe I kind of remember that guy but the name slips my mind. Definatley was the start of it all for setting up on the ice at night for the weekend. You better get going Gale & Damon as the ice will be here soon, hopefully. This mornings temps are great  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Wow Skyler that flip and wheeler are awesome!! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to see them in action.  :bow: :bow:

Joe glad to hear your on the mend. I'm sure there will be plenty of guy's willing to help at Henry's this year. So you best just plan on driving over!!  :)

Gezer & Hardh20 you two better get busy you got sum catching up to do.  ;)
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 01, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Wow Skyler that flip and wheeler are awesome!! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to see them in action.  :bow: :bow:

Joe glad to hear your on the mend. I'm sure there will be plenty of guy's willing to help at Henry's this year. So you best just plan on driving over!!  :)

Gezer & Hardh20 you two better get busy you got sum catching up to do.  ;)
Getting a good start on my catch up work. I really like Prospector’s drawer idea so I’m raising my deck 6 inches . I then will install a 4+inch deep30 by 24 inch drawer underneath. The drawer will store the small extras or spare things that seem to end up scattered throughout my gear and can never be found when needed. My question is by putting a deck on I lose the use of the  fancy seating, so what are you guys using for a seat if anything?

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:00 AM »
Forgot to add on my last post : The drawer underneath the deck will have a trap door above so I can get to things if something is in front of the drawer. I will also be able to open the drawer and the trap door to access the storage in the bottom of the sled. See any drawbacks?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:06 AM »
My question is by putting a deck on I lose the use of the  fancy seating, so what are you guys using for a seat if anything?

Im using the same thing I use in my boat for the seats, mounting 2 of these in the deck

and these to the seats

Your going to start a new standard when you put that drawer in there Gale, way to go Joe!!!!

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Damon you were the lucky post where I split this thread, so there another new topic started for ya  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.