Author Topic: Gen 2 underwater camera build  (Read 3227 times)

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gen 2 underwater camera build
« on: Aug 30, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Built a new Gen 2 underwater camera, Gen 1 consisted of 3 parts, rotating platform, camera reel & monitor bag. Packaged Gen 2 in an enclosed case. Along with rotation added more wireless features - Camera deploy/retrieve, start/stop recording to micro SD chip, M18 Milwaukee battery comparable along with any external 12V source. Still use the Gen 1 monitor bag along with multiple wireless or wired displays. TV, 12v 16" monitor, cell phones, 10" tablet with 150 ft. wireless range. Hasn't been on ice yet but did some testing on open water with my boat, worked great, now waiting for first ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Gen 2 underwater camera build
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Great jod on your cam build papadarv, you are very talented in putting all that together. The comercial camera sellers should take note of what you've done and possibly throw some $$ your way as a consult fee to add your ideas into there stuff. I could never put something like that together and for the most part did away with a camera years ago but would be very interested in having a set up like that for sure. Very cool! thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Thanks muskyon46 really enjoy doing this kind of stuff.

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2019, 08:27 PM »
I love it!  Especially the deploy, retrieve, and rotation.  Is that all controlled on same fob?

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2019, 10:17 AM »
I use two 4 button relay remotes. Controller 1 – A & B deploy/retrieve the camera. 1- C & D  bi-difection rotation. Controller 2 - A & B  start/stop video record. 2 – C & D are for the camera lights but not connected or functional as the lights are white and illiagel under water in Minnesota.

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Very interesting!  I would love to put together a setup with the deploy, retrieve, and rotation on a single fob.

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Built a new Gen 2 underwater camera, Gen 1 consisted of 3 parts, rotating platform, camera reel & monitor bag. Packaged Gen 2 in an enclosed case. Along with rotation added more wireless features - Camera deploy/retrieve, start/stop recording to micro SD chip, M18 Milwaukee battery comparable along with any external 12V source. Still use the Gen 1 monitor bag along with multiple wireless or wired displays. TV, 12v 16" monitor, cell phones, 10" tablet with 150 ft. wireless range. Hasn't been on ice yet but did some testing on open water with my boat, worked great, now waiting for first ice.

Wow... it is cool! And wish you can give me some suggestions to refine our underwater camera :)
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2019, 11:37 AM »
@EYOYO Sent you a PM

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2019, 08:18 PM »
OMG that makes “setting up” a camera easier than setting a tip up. That would make it totally worth bringing out every time and not just for the shack. The wireless feature on top of having its own monitor is the icing on the cake!

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2019, 09:06 PM »
This video is from my Gen 1 couple years ago. Gen 2 camera has better resolution. Gen 1 took 4 steps at the camera to record video. Gen 2 is 1 wireless button to start/ stop recording. Didn't have Gen 2 done while ice on lake (late April). I expect better video this hard water season.

Offline tulrich321

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Wow, that is a very cool project and the best homemade ice fishing camera setup that I have ever seen.  You put a lot of thought and detail into this project.  I look forward to the videos from the upcoming fishing season.

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:27 AM »
 That is awesome. Were you a tech guy for the CIA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.