Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Perch

perch jigs

<< < (14/15) > >>

happyheber:
I go to whats called a gazillia made by Maniac custum lures. In glow orange with a vertigo glow jig. It's my number one perch getter.

Champlain Islander:
I use what is locally called a bibbit on Northern lake Champlain in Vermont. Basically it is a small chunk of painted lead with a hook. They look like a small J shape and are often about the size of a cashew nut. The barb is cut off and when reeling the fish up a simple dunk in the bucket or on the ice releases them. Most have a base color of white with accents in chartreuse or hot orange as being most common. They are fairly heavy and go to the bottom quickly. Vertical jig them in the lower 1 to 3 ft of the water column and the strike is pretty easy to detect. Once you get on a school of good fish they will hit it almost as fast as it gets back down. 

SLAYERFISH:
I've caught Thousands of nice perch on 1/8 oz. kastmasters. Often Chrome/ green.

Ice_Fly_Guy:
My go-to is a bloodworm imitation fly that I tie myself.

filetandrelease:

--- Quote from: SLAYERFISH on Nov 20, 2019, 11:12 AM ---I've caught Thousands of nice perch on 1/8 oz. kastmasters. Often Chrome/ green.

--- End quote ---
1/8 Gold /green

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version