Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Perch

Locating perch

(1/3) > >>

PikeFisherman325:
I was wondering where you guys look for perch? After watching many YouTube videos I've heard to look for sandy flats or drop offs?  But my lake not having much of that, where should I look? But there are tons of perch in the lake, (caught some 14+ inchers)!
Thanks!

Agronomist_at_IA:
Mud flats they eat the, blood worms

bootstrap:
near weeds, they eat the freshwater shrimp.

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: bootstrap on Nov 29, 2017, 08:29 AM ---near weeds, they eat the freshwater shrimp.

--- End quote ---

I'm not positive, but I think the water is more towards the acidic PH in The cheese state.......so I don't think they have freshwater shrimp......they need a basic PH.

hardwater diehard:
Perch are fish of the flats ... locate some sticky / muddy bottom on the flat good spot to start ...they could be in the shallow weeds at early ice ..the larger perch will look for minnows and act like their predatory cousins the walleye ..then as the season progresses they will move toward the basin ...fish on the flat just before the break and not the break itself...and after the break on bottom into the basin. On sunny days they may move up off the bottom ...so tip down with crappie minnows work well on cloudy days look for the flicker of your flasher on bottom this is where a bottom zoom can be key. On a large flat they will roam ...so you may have to move large distances or wait for them to roam through again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version