Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Perch

What size perch you keep

(1/7) > >>

Mncrappie:
What size perch do you guys keep? I'm not talking jumbo perch. I keep them at about 11 inches. Sometimes 9 or 10 depending how fat they are

Idahogator:
A 3 incher will make a days worth of cut bait, the best being two eyes.     ;)2

:icefish:

Agronomist_at_IA:
Depends on the lake and growing conditions. I believe the DNR here in Iowa considers 8in perch the desired size for table fair.

bigstorm:
most places I fish locally, 8"+ is decent but I went out to North Dakota last winter, its a whole different world out there for perch! Didn't keep anything smaller than 10" and most were in the 11" to 12" range. While that may not be big for local people in ND, I was amazed

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: bigstorm on Nov 21, 2016, 07:12 AM ---most places I fish locally, 8"+ is decent but I went out to North Dakota last winter, its a whole different world out there for perch! Didn't keep anything smaller than 10" and most were in the 11" to 12" range. While that may not be big for local people in ND, I was amazed

--- End quote ---

Amazing how those fresh water shrimp in the lakes up that way fatten the perch up so well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version