The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tiber Lakers?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline MT_btagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tiber Lakers?
« on: Jan 23, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Curious if anyone has had any luck targeting lake trout at Tiber, or even picked one up targeting pike or walleye.

I've been able to find the ciscoes and then tried fishing those areas, but still have not been able to catch a laker.

Thanks!

"You will never be criticized by a guy catching more fish. Only by guys who are catching less."

Offline stickem2it

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tiber Lakers?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Lots of Laker's in Tiber, seen them thru the spear hole and catch them on walleye rigs with tip up's all the time.  Had one on two weeks ago that was an absolute pig, made four full runs on my line and the hook popped of the jaw at the bottom of the hole.  I have caught several in the 10 to 17lb range, not my favorite fish to eat but if you smoke them they are tasty.  Good luck!     

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2016, 08:25 PM »
I've watched them in shallow water in Flathead. There's nothing subtle about them when they show up!!! Would've like to see the one you lost STick!!!

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2016, 07:46 AM »
I've watched them in shallow water in Flathead. There's nothing subtle about them when they show up!!! Would've like to see the one you lost STick!!!

Agreed missoulafish, I've had to pick my eyeballs out of the hole a couple times when some of those porkers cruised through or smacked the jig. I love catching them in shallow water when possible....... or deep water....... or in between. Never fished for 'em in Tiber though. Usually too busy keying in on walleye.

Offline Jksnavely

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2016, 10:42 PM »
Caught one last weekend on an ice rod. 23 inch first one I caught there didn't pick another one up the hole weekend.

Offline chasincows

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2016, 05:29 PM »
I got skunked there this last weekend. Windy. Fish showing up on the vex but they were not biting. A couple flags popped and the lines were drug off but no fish to be had.
Got get out there to gettem' in there.

Offline MT-Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:18 PM »
/Were you guys using bait or just a jig when you hooked up with those lakers?

Offline Kholley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Where at on the lake were you fishing chasincows?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.