Author Topic: I am moving  (Read 4290 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am moving
« on: Nov 11, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I took a job in Berlin NH on Friday. I need to be up there at least by the end of the month.  Guess I will really have to hit the ice and learn new waters.  Anyone else on here from up that way?

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: I am moving
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2007, 11:49 AM »
That's quite a move. I'd have thought you could get a job in that field closer to home so you didn't have to move. Concord?

Anyway we atv'd up at the new park a week ago. It was fun and should be great when its finished. We want to head up that way and try the millsfield trail system some time. That area is not short on fishing locations. Not sure what other than lakes further north would fit the lake trout bill right around Berlin. A few reclaimed ponds too.

Good luck in your endevor. If you get an atv and learn all the good riding spots we'll meet you up there for a ride next fall.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2007, 01:09 PM »
I could have been hired around here but I needed a change in scenery.  Also, there is more of a chance for me to guide up there than there is up here.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:01 PM »
i was born in berlin and grew up there for 25 years. there is some great bass fishing in whitefield and littleton. christine lake and south pond in milan are nice trout ponds. christine has some incrediable brown trout in it. you can always fish the androscoggin for both trout and bass. lake umbagog has some real nice fishing and what a beutiful lake. the best part for you is the hunting............ plenty of birds, rabbits, and of course some incrediable deer hunting. if you need any info on the the lakes around the north country let me know. i have a lot of buddies that love fishing those rangely lakes and some of the small trout ponds near maine
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:16 PM »
the best part for you is the hunting............ plenty of birds, rabbits, and of course some incrediable deer hunting. if you need any info on the the lakes around the north country let me know. i have a lot of buddies that love fishing those rangely lakes and some of the small trout ponds near maine

You are not kidding! I shot a moose in 04 with my bow in Dummer and really call the CT lakes area home.  We have a camp in P'burg.  I am really intersted in trout waters and could really care less about the "green" fish.  I might take you up on that offer once I get settled!

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:52 PM »
I live in Berlin and work for Isaacson Steel as a truck driver.  I fish lake Umbagog quite a bit.  Fishing is decent there.  Do you have any sleds????

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Does this count?

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Im from north conway, but I spend several days each year on jericho and cedar each year, Im heading up there next weekend to check ice on jericho and cedar, I'll let you know if it's fishable.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2007, 11:32 AM »
i fished cedar and jericho this year nice lakes i love cedar nice pond for trout my buddy mark (icefishninnh) got this rainbow out of there last year
1/14/07

and this was a pic from jericho last year 12/31/07 no fish we had one flag took it fast alot of line out think it was a pike had a clean break , you can see the portable shappell with the auger in the background.

let me know when you have safe ice up there!!  its a 300 mi round trip for me but its worth it to get out on the ice early

Catch A Buzz

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:25 PM »
good luck duckdr ceader is a good little peice of trout water it get a lot of pressure in the early winter by locals and us people from the southern part of the state looking for ice last year my little bowwas caught just to the right of the boat ramp in close to shore orange power bait the ramp is a rather steep hill paved but me and kiss my bass saw an old man wreck his bob house trying to drag it up the hill lol the ramp has a curve and another dummy flip his quad trying to put it in his truck rolled it all the way down the hill so look out there are a few wackos in the area but it also has smelt to cath i was told we may see you up there this winter

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:57 PM »
the smelting on cedar is rediculous. I have never seen so many smelt in my life, big fat yummy smelt. as soon as the sun starts setting they go nuts. most of the ones I was catching were atleast 6-7 inches. they were hardy, they lasted the drive back to my house into my bait tank and for a few more days untill I hit another lake. the lakers looooved em

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline pickeral boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Good luck up there.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:22 PM »
I am going call on apts in the AM.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2007, 01:35 PM »
the hatchery always puts in a few 5 to 6 pound rainbows in there as well. the place looks like a small city in the winter time. there is also some decent bass fishing there as well. the smelting is incrediable. they actually fall over the dam at the outlet and get trapped there...... the swim by the hundreds.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:49 AM »
gotta be ice there soon!!

Catch A Buzz

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2007, 03:05 PM »
good luck up north, your lucky to get a job and live in the north country,it's a great area, good people and great fishing,atv-ing,hunting etc,etc,etc as you know.
kjb

Offline Venzulo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get outta the house you lazy basstard!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:00 PM »
the smelting on cedar is rediculous. I have never seen so many smelt in my life, big fat yummy smelt. as soon as the sun starts setting they go nuts. most of the ones I was catching were atleast 6-7 inches. they were hardy, they lasted the drive back to my house into my bait tank and for a few more days untill I hit another lake. the lakers looooved em

~Neal

Neal, be carefull transporting live fish. Not sure if there is a special rule for smelts, but it is illegal to leave any water body in NH with live fish. Just an FYI.

BTW, you jigging for those? I've always wanted to go smelting. -V
-V

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2007, 03:13 AM »
im sure its leagal to transport baitfish. just cant cross into another state. or transport from

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:37 AM »
im sure its leagal to transport baitfish. just cant cross into another state. or transport from

It is illegal to release a fish in to a different body of water from which it was taken. Not sure how that relates to a fish like smelt or trapped baitfish within state. that would be a good question to get answered. I do know for bass and other species it is illegal to release them in another body of water. Just ask the state of Maine how a lot of good trout water got ruined by someone introducing white perch to the lake. The state manages certain lakes a certain way. If anyone was dumping fish in that they wanted it could be detrimental.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:40 AM »
Look at Granite Lake in Nelson, NH.  That lake was great for bows and still is, but if you want to catch crappie, that is now another place to look.  I have caught more crappie over there through the ice than I have bows lately.  :'(

Offline 68BIRD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Good luck DD.. Too bad we never hooked up on Silver last year. No moose permit this year, but we did manage three deer out of 4 of us so far. My 13 year old id still hanging in there.Hey looking at the picture of your parents, I think I worked with your mom many years ago at the Crazy Tee Pee in Milford. Is that possible?
Doug

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Yes. It's more than possible. She worked there LONG before Ben was a twinkle in my eye. I am lucky to be her husband and DD's Dad.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline 68BIRD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2007, 11:54 AM »
Actually, I remember you as well. Say hi for me.
Doug

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.