Author Topic: Henry's 2020  (Read 6647 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Henry's 2020
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:13 AM »
Getting on the road at lunch, safe travels to everyone and text or call if needed to find out where we are.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2020, 10:39 AM »
Man that was a lot of fun, what a great trip this year... Hope you guys that are still trying to get home make it safe today... Roads were wild enough on Saturday between storms, so with this snow today i hope you make it safe... Take your time...  I ended up with 34 fish in two full days or two half days and a full one anyway... My best came in at 21", so it was a lot smaller than the 29" monster that was caught... Had a blast, and loved camping on the ice... Thanks Geezer for the shelter it was perfect for the camping out.  The Blackstone griddle worked great for cooking and was fun to have everything I needed without having to go anywhere, well except for the potty duty, but I didn't get Matt's 5 gallon toilet figured out yet...  Anyway I really enjoyed visiting with all of you, and seeing your ice fishing toys and tactics, after the text barrage all weekend there may not be much left to post about, but it was a lot of fun, thanks for letting me take part... Jeff

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2020, 06:24 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the update.
 Now let's see some pictures!!  ;D
Fish, camping, food and or everyone hanging out.  :thumbsup:
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Definently a great trip. I must say our ride home today was good. They had already plowed and salted by the time we got moving around 11. This has been the best year yet as it goes for travel and ice conditions. Weather could have been much better that's for sure. Kept everyone tent bound.  I only fished 1 rod at a time all weekend. Mostly lazy fishing with the jigger. Got 60 fish in the 3 days I fished.  Biggest right around 20".  I got 2 chubs, 1 brookie, and the rest cuts and hybrids.  Great trip everyone already looking forward to going back next year.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2020, 08:45 PM »
Looks like a great trip

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2020, 08:53 PM »
I can’t believe this is the first time I have been on this thread. I could’ve been giving you guys a hard time all along! Great trip had by all! I think everybody caught a fish which is a bonus. I will try and sort out my pictures and video and post some thing up very soon. Might take a couple of days, because my wife already has me lined out for tomorrow. 😆

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2020, 09:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures. Holy smokes looks like lots of fish and lots of fun. Great looking set up Matt in your tent that thing is decked way out!! How cool is that wheel dolly Joe built to pull the sweet ice trailer out..

Looking forward to your pictures and video Joe.
 Glad you all made it safe and sound!!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2020, 07:33 AM »
Wow ! I must say that this trip was the best one yet. Caught a ton of fish with my best at 20 inches. Suffered a good slimy tail slap in the face trying to get a picture . And was able to take the new EVO2iT for her maiden run. Think I will keep this one lol. I loved seeing all the work and ingenuity that has gone into all the different sleeping units. Mom says that I can’t have one like yours Prospector. It was also great to see that everyone was doing well. Did anyone else notice the Picasso look that  Fishonone has in his fish pictures LOL ? Thanks to all of you for letting me tag along on these great adventures. I’m already looking forward to the next one.
Geezer_

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:40 AM »
Thank you guys once again for an amazing time. I know I said it on the ice, but thanks for letting this Wyoming guy invite himself and his friends. We were trying to figure out if we’d ever caught so many fish and our consensus was we hadn’t! As a 3 man group we caught 70 in about a day and a half of fishing. 18 the first half day and 52 or 54 the second day. We lost track.... It’s always great when you can get your dad and his beat friend giggling like girls because they’re catching and missing fish!

My best fish was a 20”er and was the first fish caught for the whole trip. Mark (my dads buddy) caught a 21”er and that was the biggest. My dad’s biggest was a nice 20”er as well.

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #39 on: Dec 15, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Ok I had a blast on this trip it was good to see everyone on the hard deck and to see how excited everyone is for the ice season be safe out there and I will see you guys soon. The first fish Pic is the one that didn’t want me to take his video so he made me drop my phone down the ice hole and my biggest was 22” and the one I lost my phone on I didn’t get to measure it but he was a good one.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 16, 2020, 09:18 AM »
You caught some flat out dandies Lawrence!
Trent Williams

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Ok I had a blast on this trip it was good to see everyone on the hard deck and to see how excited everyone is for the ice season be safe out there and I will see you guys soon. The first fish Pic is the one that didn’t want me to take his video so he made me drop my phone down the ice hole and my biggest was 22” and the one I lost my phone on I didn’t get to measure it but he was a good one.

So are you getting prank calls from the fish retaliating for all those sore lips you created?  Sorry about the phone, I about lost my finder when a fish tried to knock it in the hole. Glad it wouldn’t fit.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #42 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:27 AM »
You caught some flat out dandies Lawrence!

thanks Trent

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #43 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:29 AM »

they are just letting me know that they will be there next year lol the bad thing is I lost my phone 2 years ago  ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:38 AM »
bad thing is I lost my phone 2 years ago  ;D

And them dam 100fow lakers havent called once either, tight lipped buggers. See if they get a xmas card from me  :nono:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Dec 16, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Hey Gale big thanks for the nets  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: turned out great in the tent. Even added a shelf

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Matt, how did you set up your net from Gale?  I haven't attempted mine yet, but I did get a fan to move the heat out of the top of the tent and keep things a little more evened out..  Thanks J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:40 AM »
I used 2 of them. the end closest t the back wall I wrapped it around the pole. The other 2 ends i just tightened up to where ever it would reach. The Velcro pieces that hold to the bad worked the best to tie off to. I'll text you a pic and you can zoom in better on your phone
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline michigan-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 17, 2020, 10:29 AM »
I moved to Utah last year.  Would love to meet some new fishing partners.
Me too!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 17, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Great stuff guys! Here is my video from the first day. I should have five total before too long. I just hung up all of my rod holders that Skyler made. Thank you very much! Also, just found a really cool use for the tackleboxes that Gale gave me. I put some steel on the back of them with rivets and put a harbor freight 18” magnet in the ice seeker. Works great.
https://youtu.be/onNMYr9G1DY

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 17, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Great stuff Joe!!

Here is mine as well. This was the antics over at the big blue hut.

Trent Williams

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Great videos guys  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wishing I was back up there this weekend
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:57 PM »
Yep me too! Except I think it’s snowed every day this week up there!
Trent Williams

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 17, 2020, 10:34 PM »
Great video Trent! Snow doesn’t scare me one bit with Skyler pulling my machine out! Let’s go.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 18, 2020, 11:38 AM »

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2020, 11:04 AM »
Day number three. I hope you enjoy! Wish we were back there right now!

https://youtu.be/BJoaQ7NcZV0

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #56 on: Dec 20, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Glad you fellows are liking those ceiling nets. Loving your videos Joe they are great! However you should talk to your wardrobe people. They need to work on some of your color matching, really like the red slippers but with white socks?
LOL

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 20, 2020, 11:05 AM »
Glad you fellows are liking those ceiling nets. Loving your videos Joe they are great! However you should talk to your wardrobe people. They need to work on some of your color matching, really like the red slippers but with white socks?
LOL
Just wait till the next video. My boy was watching it this morning and said “dad what pants are you wearing! “LOL

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 20, 2020, 12:48 PM »
No comments on the hair Gale. ;D
https://youtu.be/wIsyHKXM-JY

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #59 on: Dec 20, 2020, 06:05 PM »
Lovin it Joe!
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.