Author Topic: Twin Lakes  (Read 742 times)

Offline Toddr44

• IceShanty Rookie
Twin Lakes
« on: Jan 26, 2014, 10:28 PM »
 Hello everyone, I'm new to the board. Headed to Twin Lakes Saturday and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as far as what's working and maybe a good starting point. Haven't fished it in a long time and never through the ice. Hope to land my first lake trout in advance of the Broncos beating down the Seahawks on Sunday!
 Thank you in advance for any advice.

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twin Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2014, 03:12 PM »
I fished Twin Lakes two days straight last weekend. Beautiful weather, great ice, fantastic fishing, terrible catching. Wife had one hook up that she lost and I had zero-I went through two tanks of fuel in the auger drilling holes & looking for fish that could not seem to be found. I don't think there's any fish in there.

" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Twin Lakes
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Toddr....
When you access the lower lake via the northeast boat ramp, go out about 75 yards and head west another 75 to 100 yards or so and you should be in about 40 feet of water. Use a white jig in about 1/4 to 1/2 ounce tipped with a chunk of sucker meat. Put it right on the bottom and adjust the depth when you locate fish on your sonar. Dead-stick it, and watch for the take...it's usually really very light. Hope this helps & Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.