Author Topic: Shappell fx200i info needed  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shappell fx200i info needed
« on: Nov 24, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Was wondering if anybody’s got any reviews on the new shappell fx200 insulated shelters yet? Local sporting store can get me one but won’t have a floor model to look at. Biggest thing I’d like to know is how is the positioning of the windows when you are seated? Can you look out of them without having to bend down or stand up?
On the  frabill aeigis I bought last season you have to bend down to just look out of the windows and the door is a bit small. Bought this sight unseen too otherwise I wouldn’t of got it. Thanks I’m advance

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Shappell fx200i info needed
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2017, 05:40 PM »
it is the same as their fx200 non insulated and should be the same as the fx100 mostly. the fx100 front window is eye level to look straight ahead for the most part, maybe has you looking down some from the horizon. same with the rear window. the side vent/windows are higher, but tall and narrow mesh with a wind flap with velcro to hold them in place. it would depend on how tall you are and what kind of add-on seating you might use like a stadium seat to have a back rest.

shappell uses 1/2 emt conduit and easy to modify because of that. you can raise or lower the bench seat. i made wind bars to hold the front down on strong wind days using their clips and the conduit. i did have to build up the clips with electrical tape and pounded the conduit shut on the clips. i made one for each section that moves.
they use removable windows too.

hoping they make their most popular fx100 into the insulated version. both version are 600 denier fabric.

i recommend getting their hyfax kit. makes them pull much easier (in a few inches of snow or less and slush) and way less noise and saves your investment. it is reversible so you can flip it around and get nearly twice the use out of them. they use the best hardware too.

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2017, 02:17 AM »
Thanks for the info 3300. All the other shanty’s shappell makes have great windows in them from what I can tell from pics on the website. Wonder why they dont on this one.

Sucks not being able to see one in person. Only displays I’ve seen the last couple of years are pop ups. And personally I don’t care for them.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2017, 09:55 AM »
on shappells site they only have one image per shelter as always. maybe other sites have more. has the same windows as the fx200. they just used a new insulated 600 denier fabric that only add 4 pounds.
shappell.com/iceshelters/fxseriesflips.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.