Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632005 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28020 on: Jun 17, 2022, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                           It's 66* and very foggy here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv.........Good luck with the trimming. :flex: I bet the girls are real excited about a week off from work and spending time fishing. :thumbsup:
                           H2l...........Rocky must be a brute to take on a woodchuck and win. :clap: :flex:
                           Eddie........I don't blame you on limiting the distance, having to pay for a room would take your profit from a job. :blink: I hope you peppers
                start improving. :unsure:
                           Wally........Looks like a good day out, congrats.  :clap: And congratulation to your grandson. :clap: :flex:
                           Zcm.........It doesn't look like the temperatures will drop anytime soon in your area. :%$#!:
                           Steve.......Stores alway seem to put stuff out earlier every year.  :blink:
                           Bud.........Safe travels back to Tenn. :thumbsup:
                           Yesterday I did some shopping then came home and did my puttering, I got a lot done and there's more to do.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28021 on: Jun 17, 2022, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

IW......enjoy the puttering day  :woot:

WS.....fingers crossed the heat isn't too bad and the fish are hungry next week  ;)2

MrC.....most stations in this area have non-ethanol, most have only 1 hose for everything except diesel  ::)

Eddie.....my garden is looking the best it ever has knock on wood  ;D  hope yours takes off soon  ;)

H2L....Rocky lives up to his name sake  :flex: :thumbsup:

FH4.....glad you were spared Yellowstone's destruction  :)

IFF......safe travels as you return south  @)

Heading out shortly for MA, no sports for the kids this weekend as the spring season is over and summer sports haven't started up yet  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28022 on: Jun 17, 2022, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Not sure if it’s fog or the humidity hanging heavy this morning, lol..cloudy and 66*, high of 79 today.

Marv…hope the rest of the trimming goes well for you today, way to go helping out Jen!   :bow:  Sending best wishes, safe travels, and good luck to the ladies with their trip! Hope the weather cooperates!! Will be looking forward to the reports!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…while a few of us were expressing our thoughts about the cost of gas prices at the job, the head of maintenance there joined in with us. I asked about the snow making machines and how much diesel fuel they went through a season for them and other machinery etc…he said on average it was 60-70,000 gallons depending on the weather…Doh!!  :woot:
Will keep a good eye on the garden and my helpers this weekend!   ;D
  FH4…glad things aren’t so bad in your area with the flooding, etc. Good luck with the pumps, hopefully they arrive soon and you can be back up on line!   :thumbsup:
  H2…sorry to read about the Jeep problems and the delay on parts, but glad it’s covered!  :thumbsup:  Those walleyes will be waiting for you!
  Bud…hope the tech made it there and got the windshield done at a reasonable time!   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad you’re getting a break from that oppressive weather, enjoy it while it lasts!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…nice job avoiding the skunk, Congratulations to your grandson and the team on winning the championship!!  :clap: :bow:  Safe travels today to Mass, hope you have a wonderful weekend with the family! 
  Jeff…glad you had a good day yesterday, hopefully you get some good news today on the pontoon!   :thumbsup:

We got a little rain here yesterday, but not nearly as much as I thought we’d get. Going to harvest the garlic scapes today, they’re all pretty much ready and the lawn needs another cut.
  Have another driveway job to help out on tomorrow…should be a nice day weather wise, temps only in the 60’s.  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s still hot….
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28023 on: Jun 17, 2022, 05:42 AM »
65* and fog.
WW, have a safe trip.
I think the wife may go out this morning. It will be her first time out in almost 2 weeks. Lindsay has a new bedroom set coming today so she is going down to let them in. We will see.
Rocky is a nice dog, but I do see another side of him. He looks like he could hold his own if he had too.
Got a couple offers to go fishing, most are trollers so would have to get set up for that. It has been at least 5 years.
Have a good day and be well...h2l

About the Jeep, I hadn't noticed anything, the service mgr. heard it when he drove it into the service area.
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28024 on: Jun 17, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Morning all, 78° and clear skies here, forecast is 86° and sun for the afternoon. It topped out at 96° yesterday, but it wasn't nearly as muggy as the few days before had been.

The humidity has backed off quite a bit more today, so I'll probably go do some fishing this afternoon after work. The weekend forecast looks pretty good, highs around 80, then back up into roasting territory next week. Still haven't gotten all the parts for the car delivered yet, so it looks like boating is out, unless they arrive today or tomorrow.   >:(

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28025 on: Jun 17, 2022, 06:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's weather is backing off for a day or two thank god. WW congratulations to your grandsons ball team. IW good luck on the toon work. Bud glad you got insurance back in place. WS I got a map here of the worlds most concentrated lakes region; Vilas and Oneida county of northern,wi. If they would like to make a copy of it. Only thing planned today is oil change for my kid and getting her set up for a golf outing comming up. Enjoy the weekend.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28026 on: Jun 17, 2022, 07:11 AM »
Well looks like the 90's are here to stay as the guessers are calling for them through at least next week, at least we are cooling down to the 50's at night and gives us a little break from the heat.  Well looks like the hiccup will be until Monday at work when the spare pump from our other site shows up and we can hopefully install it and get the system flushing through from all the work we have done.  Got lots going on next week in the cleanroom so need to get that up and running again getting closer to completion and the start up so that will be fun and lots of work for the Lab department.  Have a great Friday and a good fathers day weekend everyone.  Be safe with all the heat going around.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28027 on: Jun 17, 2022, 08:38 PM »
guess my last post is out in nowhere land.  Tech arrived at 9:30 and was on his way in an hour.  Went just fine.  Got a full load poked in.  Headed back with no hickups.  Pulled in at the farrm 5:20, to a fine greeting from Jake.  Guess he's forgiven me.  Lots of mail to sort through, was also waiting for me.  Got that done, feed my face, now time to unwind, unloading can wait till morning.  One peak at the corn and its way over my head, no sign of any cobs yet  ::)

Now I am going to go crash.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28028 on: Jun 17, 2022, 10:50 PM »
 Good evening reached a high of 88 this afternoon thankfully had a breeze blowing so did not feel to bad when outside. Got a couple house hold chores done today will try and knock a few more off the list over this weekend. Friendly reminder this Monday is a National holiday Juneteenth so banks will be closed.
Whopper Stopper may you have the trimming completed at your SIL's home. Safe travels and good fishing wished for the girls next week.
Ice Wanderer I agree store seem to start displaying the different holiday merchandise earlier each year.
Wallyworld thank you for the info. on gas stations in your section of NYS . May the trip to Ma. have gone smoothly. A Happy Father's day wished for Mr.WW and your son.
Eddie that is a lot of fuel to use each ski season between snow making and other things. I assume an equal or greater amount of water is used to make the snow. Enjoy the garlic scapes,hopefully with enough instruction your garden helpers will know when to pick things in the garden. Best to you and the crew with tomorrow's driveway job.
hunts2long may Lindsay get many years of use from the new bedroom set. good to hear your wife felt well enough to meet and let delivery people. Nice that some of your fishing friends are offering to take you out on their boats while you wait on repair to the jeep.
Zcm-82 may the weather guessers be correct and you see lower temperatures and humidity levels in coming days.  I hope the car parts arrived today so you have a way to transport your boat.
Old Goat your a good dad changing the oil in your daughter's car.
fish/hunt4ever nice that you will get a break from the high temperatures during the overnight hours. Did the spare pump arrive and do you have it connected and running.
IFF  good to hear the windshield replacement was a quick job and you had a safe trip from Wisconsin to Tennessee.

may everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28029 on: Jun 18, 2022, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a quick hello before hitting the road this morning, will catch up later on this afternoon…Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28030 on: Jun 18, 2022, 04:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 56* and mostly clear here on my hill.  ::)
                              Eddie........I hope the driveway job goes well for you. :flex: Wow..That's a lot of fuel to go through, I wonder if they will try
                    to curb that if prices are still high this winter?  :unsure:
                              Steve........Thanks for the reminder for Monday. :thumbsup:
                              Wally.........I hope all is well in Mass. and you have an enjoyable weekend. :clap:
                              Marv.........I hope the trimming at Jen's place went well. :flex:
                              Zcm.........I'm glad to hear your temperatures have come down to more bearable levels. :thumbsup:
                              Bud..........It might seem that pets are upset with their owners but when gone they really miss them. I'm glad Jake was happy to see you. :clap:
                              Fish..........Is there humidity with your heat? ???
                              Yesterday was another puttering day, Oh I did get some more wood along side of the road that the tree trimmers left behind.
                              Not much going on today, my weekend job is on hlod this weekend, my neighbor is going to his nephew's graduation in Vt.
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28031 on: Jun 18, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

The drive went well, LOTS of traffic. Strawberry picking on tap today!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28032 on: Jun 18, 2022, 05:26 AM »
50* and breezy! Not a good day for the GSLFF contest. Going to take a ride down and see if there are many boats out.
Wife said it was nice getting out. All went well.
Think the wife is going to cut my hair today.
WW, glad the trip is going well.
Be safe and well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28033 on: Jun 18, 2022, 06:01 AM »

Good Morning ER's mid 70 expected today. I got to do something as tomorrow and beyond are hot box weather.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28034 on: Jun 18, 2022, 07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

65 with a high expected to make 82 and a dew point of only 50..."pretty nice" but things are crashing over the next couple of days with temps and humidity turning ugly.

Eddie...Best of luck with today's pour, safe travels Sir! :thumbsup:

IW...Good deal grabbing some free wood. Enjoy your day :thumbsup:

WW...Enjoy the berry picking :thumbsup: I got asked to leave a berry patch once for eating too many ???

h2l...Glad your wife is feeling better :thumbsup:

OG...Thanks for the offer. They don't make it to Vilas or Oneida.... so far ;D

Not a lot going on for the day here. I will be just staying out of the way as the girls concentrate on packing and getting ready for Monday ;D

Hope everyone has a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28035 on: Jun 18, 2022, 08:08 AM »
Breezy today was going to head out and fish for a bit but when I woke up the breeze was a little too much for just me and the boat. The one thing we do not have is humidity the highest we usually get is about 20 percent until it rains out. Well we will see how it goes and see if I can get the boat out and chase some walleye have a good day everyone.

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #28036 on: Jun 18, 2022, 09:25 AM »

Mornin fish/hunt...just wondering how far the chocolate milk has reached @ Boysen. Lots of runoff coming in. Fishin any good?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28037 on: Jun 18, 2022, 09:42 AM »
Good morning ER’s

Pleasant morning so far, 72* with a nice breeze with my morning coffee on the east facing front porch.

Got the report that 24 miles south of the farm the last weather that went through really made a mess of the trees, not on the high ground, but in the valleys. And to the north west part of Tennessee namely Clarksville   Must have been just after I hav passed through the area.

Now I better get at unloading and get thing’s battened down before any more “weather” shows up.

Lots of new things to figure out with this newI-Phone. Will try and catch up with what I have been missing in the last 3 days after the daylight is gone.

Best to all with whatever is on your plate
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28038 on: Jun 18, 2022, 06:10 PM »
Made itnout since the wind stopped for a bit but no bites or fish in the couple hours I was out before the wind came back up and I left so I did not have to load the boat myself in the waves. Maybe in the morning if the wind is not blowing.

Kinky heard the mud line is all the way past tough creek on the east side and down to the sisters on the west side I fished cottonwood and it was clear, want out towards the sisters and pretty clear out there.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28039 on: Jun 18, 2022, 06:51 PM »
Good late afternoon, I am trying out Verizon's new internet gateway box, so far so good, cost is $25 a month, no contract, don't like it take it back to any Verizon store.  Think me and phone company that is charging $94 a month for internet and Wifi are about to part company,

Marv, think I need to pick your brain on trail cams.  Got one haven't even opened the box yet.  Gift from Gander Mountain  ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28040 on: Jun 18, 2022, 09:22 PM »
Good evening, cooler day here with a high temperature only in the lower seventies also breezy with wind gusts up to 30 mph so felt cooler at times when outside. I met my sister and BIL at the cemetery in Paramus, NJ. where my parents and a number of other family relatives have graves/niches. Once we had decorated all the graves and paid our respects traveled to Ramsey ,NJ. for lunch we ate at a barbecue place family that owns this restaurant also has similar place in my hometown. Good lunch after finishing our meals went our respective way home they to Morrisstown,NJ.area and me to New Windsor,NY.
Ice Wanderer nice that you wer eable to get some additional firewood from the tree trimming along area roadways. Enjoy being free from work this weekend.
Eddie may it have been a good day for you and rest of retired mason's crew on the driveway job.
Wallyworld may all of you have found enough ripe berries to enjoy with short cake or ice cream.
Hunts2long had to be hard for those fishing the contest to stay on located schools of fish given today's winds. Sounds like your wife needed a day outside of your home.
Old Goat hope you found a way to enjoy the brief break from hot  weather.
Whopper Stopper may you also have enjoyed the cooler-less humid weather in your area today. I assume the "Girls" are packed and have double check everything best to them next week.
fish/hunt4ever  I experienced your summer weather on one trip to Casper,WY. visiting relatives when temperature was in the upper nineties. Nice not to be soaked in sweat as high temperatures  here in Southern NY. are usually joined by high humidity. I had to remember to keep hydrated. glad you were able to get a brief fishing trip in today.
Kinkyline welcome to the thread please feel free to become a frequent poster.
IFF please keep us updated on how you like the Verizon gateway internet. I'm paying a similar price as you were to phone company for my combined internet and phone service.

Keep safe-Stay healthy. may all of you father's have great day's tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28041 on: Jun 19, 2022, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Father’s Day!!!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28042 on: Jun 19, 2022, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Wishing all the Dad’s a very Happy Father’s Day!!  :bow:

At the mercy of my not so smart phone this morning, will try to catch up again later today.
  Cawfee’s on …

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28043 on: Jun 19, 2022, 05:20 AM »

Good morning Wally, eddie, ER's,
                       It's 47* and a little windy. :cookoo:
                       Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers here on the Shanty.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28044 on: Jun 19, 2022, 05:35 AM »
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!

45* and summy.

122 people entered the contest. It wasn't a nice day on the water. Biggest walleye 21 inches, biggest SMB 18", No trout brought in.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28045 on: Jun 19, 2022, 06:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

69 topping out at 95 by the afternoon.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28046 on: Jun 19, 2022, 06:46 AM »
Good luck to MrsWS and her sister  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28047 on: Jun 19, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Good morning and hope a good Father’s Day to all

Steve not to sure as yet on the Verizon gateway box, might end just a Coincident that what I was used to see on y TV got all scrambled.  Haven’t pulled the plug on the telephone line/WiFi so maybe that’s what might be the conflict ???

Ready to unpack a new trail cam that has been hiding on me for years

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28048 on: Jun 19, 2022, 02:32 PM »
Happy Father's day. We'll went to the lake early and was on the water a little after 6. No fish for a bit but once I found them by a little after 10 I had my 6 fish limit and lost a couple as well, caught one more headed to the dock with some different colors of harnesses to see if the color mattered that much. Oh and I caught one fish then nothing until I moved to my third spot and found the fish a around 9. So once I figured the depth and speed out and where they wanted to hide it got easier.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28049 on: Jun 19, 2022, 05:25 PM »
Happy Father’s Day Everyone, I hope everyone had a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.